The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

3 hours ago, Hibernia said:

As for Aberdeen fans celebrating this "step forward", I hope you know that the construction of this stadium will be the death of your club. Almost no club since the Taylor Report has moved to a modern, all-seater stadium with any great success - particularly one six miles out of the city centre

Man City, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Brighton, Bristol City, Wigan, Bolton, St Johnstone, Inverness (which is barely a stadium, but still re your point). 

Edited by fatshaft

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Well no. That just says that Highfield Road and Pittodrie has some very loose connections and then Coventry went into Administration in 2013.

It's gives absolutely no explanation into how Coventry were run as a football club or why Aberdeen would end up in exactly the same situation (probably because they won't) 

That Coventry one is hilarious. They dropped out of the top flight in 2001, Ricoh was built in 2005. Want to blame something, blame Strachan, he set the rot in and started their descent, nothing to do with a stadium. 

26 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Hibernia is spot on. If you strip away the pro-AFC/Aurora and no/NIMBY shite then you realise that the Aberdeen support have just accepted their club being moved 7 miles from the city centre. They’re only tolerating this because Milne has neglected Pittodrie and our training situation to the point where anything else is seen as an improvement.

If people stopped getting embroiled in the petty arguments and read the application, the transport plan and matchday fan facilities in particular, they’d realise that going to Kingsford is not going to be a good experience, unless maybe for corporate or families.

FAMILIES!  FAMILIES!  Fvk me fitiver next.

Next thing you know, those short selfish b*****ds will be asking for merchandise, then those hoors'l be growing up, banging on about the Dons rather than Barcelona or Chelsea!  Get them tae fvk!

I think fitba should be the preserve of ageing, white-male, fat, baldy knvts with a misguided romantic notion that it was all better in their youth (including the racism and glorified violence).  

I have no idea why we would want to encourage famlies with their future die hards in tow.  It's not even as though they use the same money as us middle aged baldy fvkkers.

Knvts, the lot of them!

Yours, now NO TO KINGSFORD if their going to encourage others to turn up.

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

4 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Next thing you know, those short selfish b*****ds will be asking for merchandise, then those hoors'l be growing up, banging on about the Dons rather than Barcelona or Chelsea!  Get them tae fvk!

I think fitba should be the preserve of male, ageing fat, baldy knvts with a misguided romantic notion that it was all better in their youth (including the racism and glorified violence).  

I have no idea why we would want to encourage famlies with their future die hards in tow.  It's not even as though they use the same money as us middle aged baldy fvkkers.

Knvts, the lot of them!

aDONis

People should only start supporting their club when they can down a 2L bottle of Merrydown with their big brer and his pals in the back of a clapped out LDV Convoy on the way to Tannadice IMHO.

I think fitba should be the preserve of male, ageing fat, baldy knvts with a misguided romantic notion that it was all better in their youth (including the racism and glorified violence).  
Knvts, the lot of them!
aDONis

Completely missed the point.

The new stadium will be good for families, which is a good thing, but will be awful for the 16-30 demographic who go with their mates. We should be catering to all sets of fans within our support.

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

Completely missed the point.

The new stadium will be good for families, which is a good thing, but will be awful for the 16-30 demographic who go with their mates. We should be catering to all sets of fans within our support.

fit the f**k min?

Under 10000 on Saturday but Kingsford being all shiny will increase the turnout?
I've been going since the early 70's and barely missed a home match since 75 but Kingsford can gtf. It will be quicker getting to Brechin than Broadhill with the proposed transport.

Midweek crowds are already poor and I doubt they will improve in Westhill.

Add the fact the city centre is already on it's arse and this move will bring zero uplift.

Guess I better start taking an interest in ice hockey just for the location

Under 10000 on Saturday but Kingsford being all shiny will increase the turnout?
I've been going since the early 70's and barely missed a home match since 75 but Kingsford can gtf. It will be quicker getting to Brechin than Broadhill with the proposed transport.

Add the fact the city centre is already on it's arse and this move will bring zero uplift.

For a game like Saturday’s over 1000 fans would’ve had to be on a shuttle bus before 10am, according to the transport plan.

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Explain why you disagree.

Makes no sense whatsoever. The facilites will be better, the whole experience in a modern stadium is better than a dilapidated dump. You'll have to explain why it wont work for 16-30s as it makes no sense. It's also nae the biggest demographic if you look round the ground, we miss a lot of that age group due to amatuer fitba

4 minutes ago, scoobles said:

You will be quicker going to Brechin, Montrose and Peterhead. Take your pick.

2 minutes ago, scoobles said:

I was just about to make a post about any future drop in attendance, and your post proves my point perfectly. As far as I can tell, the Dons support is clearly pro-Kingsford, and all the pro-Kingsford fans will clearly continue to make their way to watch the dons. The anti-Kingsford lot will nae doubt be split into two groups. The first of those are those who disagree with the new stadium but continue to go to games through loyalty or habit, or when they come to realise it isn't actually that bad. The other (hopefully far smaller group) are the bitter old mannies, who will stop going to see the dons out of spite. Those c***s can sit in their favourite pre-match boozer and watch Sky Sports for all I give a f**k.

Hopefully we more than make up for them with additional fans travelling in from Aberdeenshire and further afield, and whole families to whom a day at the football is now a far more attractive proposition.

Makes no sense whatsoever. The facilites will be better, the whole experience in a modern stadium is better than a dilapidated dump. You'll have to explain why it wont work for 16-30s as it makes no sense. It's also nae the biggest demographic if you look round the ground, we miss a lot of that age group due to amatuer fitba

There really is no point in arguing with people who refuse to see both sides.

Look at the St Mirren support on Saturday, or Motherwell, Celtic, Hibs, even R*ngers etc. The demographic above gets the singing going and creates a good atmosphere. AFC make no effort to accommodate this, home or away. That’s why our support is stale as f*ck.

The training facilities look nice but if you look at things rationally, having to get a packed shuttle bus at least an hour before kick off to a stadium 7 miles from the city to spend pre-match in a freezing “fanzone” before sitting in a shallow as f*ck identikit Bristol City-lite stand is going to be even worse than Pittodrie.

And this comes from someone who was previously pro-Kingsford.

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

There really is no point in arguing with people who refuse to see both sides.

Look at the St Mirren support on Saturday, or Motherwell, Celtic, Hibs, even R*ngers etc. The demographic above gets the singing going and creates a good atmosphere. AFC make no effort to accommodate this, home or away. That’s why our support is stale as f*ck.

The training facilities look nice but if you look at things rationally, having to get a packed shuttle bus at least an hour before kick off to a stadium 7 miles from the city to spend pre-match in a freezing “fanzone” before sitting in a shallow as f*ck identikit Bristol City-lite stand is going to be even worse than Pittodrie.

And this comes from someone who was previously pro-Kingsford.

I totally see both sides. Unlike you, I was previously years ago pro-Pittodrie. I moved to England, went to a lot of fitba there, shite grounds like Goodison, St Andrews, and really good ones like the Reebok & Man City.  Then when coming back for the one or two games a year once kids were old enough to go, couldn't believe how pish Pittodrie is. 

The clincher for me is just how close in every aspect the Bolton move, new ground, road network and location is to Kingsford, and how for them the same arguments were loud and long by the walk to the ground mob, you don't hear very many complaining now, and those that do are still of that long lost demographic. 

I see both sides, I simply don't agree at all with staying at Pittodrie now. 

I was just about to make a post about any future drop in attendance, and your post proves my point perfectly. As far as I can tell, the Dons support is clearly pro-Kingsford, and all the pro-Kingsford fans will clearly continue to make their way to watch the dons. The anti-Kingsford lot will nae doubt be split into two groups. The first of those are those who disagree with the new stadium but continue to go to games through loyalty or habit, or when they come to realise it isn't actually that bad. The other (hopefully far smaller group) are the bitter old mannies, who will stop going to see the dons out of spite. Those c***s can sit in their favourite pre-match boozer and watch Sky Sports for all I give a f**k.
Hopefully we more than make up for them with additional fans travelling in from Aberdeenshire and further afield, and whole families to whom a day at the football is now a far more attractive proposition.

Bitter? Out of spite? WTF you smoking?
The majority of the 18-30 mob are the most fickle you get. Read the match threads and they're all over it with excuses for missing the games.
Maybe you'll get a singing section with more than 50 of you in it this time

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Upper Dick a million miles from the pitch, Merkland beside the Angus the Bull club or the South Stand beside the away fans?

These are good points you make but they just highlight why we have to move.