Highland Hoooligans v Shabba's Shitehawks

Can feel the excitement and enthusiasm about this game building by the minute..........

Following disgraceful outcomes for both teams last week, wondering if it is possible for us both to manage to shitfest a defeat in this one??

Now United need to show that they are the best of the rest (sadly) and any win here would be a good start.

1-0 away win *

* prediction based on hope/desperation rather than any sound judgement or educated opinion.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, St Innes said:

As long as no players go to the press with statements like 'we can still win the league' etc etc then there is a chance.

Agreed; they should just shut the f**k up and concentrate on winning one match, never mind the league.......

I'm heading up for this but I can't say I'm all that excited about it. It looks like our season will probably pan out exactly as I thought it would before a ball had been kicked, with us finishing 6th or 7th in the league and not having enough quality to get anywhere in the cups. For a whole I thought it might end up even worse with that, with us in the bottom two; then for a while it looked like we might actually be building something; but I suspect we're going to settle into a pattern of a lot of draws, the odd defeat and the odd win here and there.

The defensive partnership of Donaldson and Warren, with Polworth and Vigurs in front of them (assuming they can actually stay on the fucking pitch for a full game) is now looking strong enough  that we're unlikely to get dragged back down into the relegation playoff places, but any team starting with George Oakley as its spearhead striker is not going to score enough goals to mount any sort of serious challenge. Also, and it's probably grossly unfair on the guy, but any time I see Chalmers he just seems like a bit of jersey filler out there on the left of midfield. He's certainly not the bombscare he looked when we were playing him at left back at the start of the season, and he's got a decent delivery, but he doesn't have enough pace or presence to press effectively or pose much of a threat when counter-attacking. i think we need more pace on both sides if we're going to  develop as an effective attacking team next season.

We might well still take three points from Saturday as United seem to have been far more pish than anyone had expected (I couldn't make our 2-0 at Tannadice earlier in the season, so I haven;t seen Utd in the flesh), but a draw's probably the most likely result. Lazlo would be mad not to send someone out to rile Vigurs as much as possible early on though - he seems pathologically incapable of not responding.           

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Looking forward to the United fans joining in with a minutes applause for Coll Donaldson in the 23rd minute.

Are things really that bad at ICT that they are hailing Coll fucking Donaldson as the messiah? :(

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Are things really that bad at ICT that they are hailing Coll fucking Donaldson as the messiah? :(

I’ve seen Donaldson live once since he left United and he strolled through the game.

50 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve seen Donaldson live once since he left United and he strolled through the game.

Some players can't cope playing for a big club. He may have found his niche at ICT. He'll fall apart if they are ever challenging near the top of the league.

8 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Some players can't cope playing for a big club. He may have found his niche at ICT. He'll fall apart if they are ever challenging near the top of the league.

Or he could have been managed by shite managers at United.  Sadly I think that’s a more likely explanation.

Archived