Bereek vs the Heed

2 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Just as a wee preview, here's the audio of Robbie Horn looking back at Saturday's match with Cowdenbeath and looking ahead to tonight's clash with Peterhead. 

I think where Horn said the word 'satisfying', he actually meant 'extremely fucking pleasing'. Fair play to him.

Wishing Nicky Riley a speedy recovery. Hope his injury is not serious. Poor show from Berwick fans if they gave Riley abuse when he was injured. Good 3 points picked up after a long journey and sets us up nicely for the big game against Montrose on Saturday.

18 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Wishing Nicky Riley a speedy recovery. Hope his injury is not serious. Poor show from Berwick fans if they gave Riley abuse when he was injured. Good 3 points picked up after a long journey and sets us up nicely for the big game against Montrose on Saturday.

It looked like he got his studs caught in the grass - think some Berwick fans thought he'd dived, but it was pretty evident he was in distress, looked like his knee, and the lad Stevenson seem to pull up with a hammy too.

33 (Gibson) was pretty decent.

It looked like a ridiculous dive at first, then I think by the point people were starting to realise it was serious, McAllister and one or two others had already started shouting at The Ducket so it just continued, more in reaction to them than anything.

On the game, I was quite impressed with our attacking play and Hamilton and See have certainly made a difference since the last time I saw the team. To come back from two down against Peterhead is no mean feat. Ashame we couldn’t hang on and get something, however a combination of McAllister and some poor errors at the back from us prevented us getting anything. That said, we look like we’re heading in the right direction again if we can stop the silly mistakes in defence.

Got to say I enjoyed the game but felt Berwick got a very raw deal from three poor Officials who couldnt make a joint decision to save themselves. Visitors third goal looked sure fire offside from through ball to McAllister I think and in stoppage time their defender def handled the ball in the box and play was waved on! Robbery of at least a point by a Peterhead team who were just equal or less so than Berwick

Guest TOPFITTER

A draw maybe would have been a fair result but the disgusting goading of a player obviously in distress makes it seem like the right one. Surprised the incompetent officials didn’t get anyone injured! Peterhead’s injury list growing hope they can get the right result on Saturday.

Spoiler

Went round to the Ducket as usual last night as its usually good banter, was not impressed by the home fans reaction when Nicky Riley went down in obvious agony (hearing today that he stood on the ball) play just carried on until our keeper managed to get the ball out. Not surprized Rory & few others myself included were unimpressed by the home views as the stretcher eventually appeared for Nicky to be carried off still in distress, unless it came from the main stand side did not hear the usual polite applause for a player getting carried off. As for the game another one that going 2 up we should have been able to build on, again when in no particular danger a player dwells on the ball & we gift them a goal & all of a sudden we are on the back foot, we got away with it last night but wont always. Depending on how serious injuries turn out to be may have to consider emergency loan if somebody suitable was available for a month or so.

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 21:56, Blue-Toon said:

Word today is that Nicky has a fracture of the knee & also possible cruciate injury so will be out for the rest of the season,  would wish him all the best on the road to recovery.

Archived