Elimination Chamber 2018

JamieStevenson

Also imagine being so afraid of the chamber finishing with Reigns getting booed out the building you let Brain smash him. What will they do at mania to avoid 70,000+ doing it when he wins the title ? Have Rock, Hogan and Austin come out and hit their finishers on him?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Also imagine being so afraid of the chamber finishing with Reigns getting booed out the building you let Brain smash him. What will they do at mania to avoid 70,000+ doing it when he wins the title ? Have Rock, Hogan and Austin come out and hit their finishers on him?

Assuming Brock is on the path to leaving.. have him go out in a blaze of glory by dropping the title to Roman.. then absolutely annihilating him after the bell

Watched it last night after managing to avoid spoilers, not that that was required given how predictable it was.

Cons

Wyatt/Hardy.  Yawn.

Rousey talking.  Yikes.

Bar/Titus Worldwide.  Why?

Very predictable show overall, although they're clearly just pushing it towards WM.  Not bad results, just nothing you didn't see coming.

Braun's promo, talking about how he was going to make Brock his toy.  The same Brock who has beaten him fairly handily.  Twice.  

I feel really, really sorry for Roman Reigns.  I'm not a fan of him by any means, but I don't hate him in the way that some do.  He's alright in the ring, despite being limited, and could play a very specific role very well.  But the company are absolutely desperate to put him, the square peg, into a round hole.  Have him play this conquering Daniel Bryan style babyface that fights back against all odds.  The chamber match finish was one of the worst examples, heating up Braun to the point where he kicks out of 4 consecutive finishers (including the spear) then have him get put down by one more.  Reigns could be so much better as either a Stone Cold style face that doesn't say much but still lies on that side of things, or just a plain heel.

Braun in general.  They're desperate for him to have all these moments to try and keep him over, showing how strong he is, talking about how everyone will struggle to beat him, and yet everyone has.  Where does he go from here?  IC title was rumoured but looks like that isn't happening.  Probably the Andre the Giant Battle Royal.  Woo.

Pros

The Women's Chamber was booked very well.  Managed to tell a number of stories without dragging at any point, and I think it only slipped a little with the ending.  Can see why they went that way, but I'd have liked a heel Banks to win going up against Bayley at WM.  Alexa's post-match promo was brilliant.  Took it right to the point where it seemed like she was cutting a white-meat babyface promo before turning it around expertly on one line.  God she's brilliant.  Deserves to take the title into WM, and looks like it'll be Asuka for her.

I said Rousey was dreadful talking, and she is.  Looked very awkward, and I think she's struggling to keep who she is apart from the character she is presumably supposed to play.  She looked genuinely emotional when the crowd was chanting for her, clearly means a lot to her.  So that wasn't great.  But then she turned, and you can see exactly why she's going to be brilliant for them.  She flipped straight into MMA fight mode with that scowl, and went from looking awkward to looking absolutely natural.  The mixed tag match she's getting at WM isn't the best use of her, but it'll do a job.  We'll get to see her leathering McMahon, and probably getting some in on HHH too, and if she can be even an average worker and ally it to the intensity you can see in her, she'll be pretty good.

Archived