Scottish Cup Round 6 Sat 03/02/18

josecc

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, The Mouth said:

This the same larkhall that held then beat a very experienced hurlford thistle outfit? The same bombscare shortlees that kept a clean sheet against a much talked about cambria outfit and hardly conceded a goal in there last 6 or 7 games? I think you may be talking about the shortlees of old but they seem to have really gotten it together defensively of late so I think your comments are bullshit mate and giving zero credit where its due tbh! Your obv a weegie as your forever slating the ayrshire otherwise you wouldn’t know much about st pats or harestanes hence why you fancy the winner to come from there ties!

Touchy. Everyone is allowed an opinion. Beating Hurlford Thistle is no mean feat these days and speaking to a few folk who were at the Larkhall match, Hurlford were robbed. In respect of Shortlees, I don't think it was as much as 6 or 7 games ago that they conceded 5 goals too kilbride thistle. They seem to have improved slightly i will give you that but Cambria are a shadow of the side that claimed West so not overly tested there. All I am saying is that I don't think they are defensively astute enough and believe we will see that if and when they draw a St Pats, Goldenhill, Pennies.  Sorry for clearly upsetting you, clearly must be an Ayrshire thing. So to use some Ayrshire terminology....away dry your eyes

Bannockburn v Fallin

Bridgewater v Wishaw Wycombe Wanderers

Blantyre Celtic v Tullibody Community
or Goldenhill

Cambusbarron Rovers v Yoker United

Douglas Athletic v Milton

Glenburn Miners Welfare v Dumbarton Academy

Hurlford v Sandys

Kilbride Thistle v Oban Saints

Letham v Tillicoultry

Maryhill Black Star v Thorn Athletic

Maryhill Thistle v Larkhall Thistle

Pennies v Harestanes

Shortlees v Mill

Singer Community v Alba Thistle

St Patrick's v East Kilbride YM

Stenhousemuir Community v Lowson United

Bannockburn

Wishaw

Goldenhill

Cambusbarron

Douglas

Dumbarton Academy

Sandys

Oban Saints

Letham

Thorn

Larkhall

Pennies

Shortlees

Alba

St Pat's

Stenhousemuir

3 hours ago, CFCbhoy said:

Touchy. Everyone is allowed an opinion. Beating Hurlford Thistle is no mean feat these days and speaking to a few folk who were at the Larkhall match, Hurlford were robbed. In respect of Shortlees, I don't think it was as much as 6 or 7 games ago that they conceded 5 goals too kilbride thistle. They seem to have improved slightly i will give you that but Cambria are a shadow of the side that claimed West so not overly tested there. All I am saying is that I don't think they are defensively astute enough and believe we will see that if and when they draw a St Pats, Goldenhill, Pennies.  Sorry for clearly upsetting you, clearly must be an Ayrshire thing. So to use some Ayrshire terminology....away dry your eyes

Your opinion is a load of shite mate. Thats my opinion !

To be fair Shortlees defensive side of their game seems to be tightened up for cup games. I think their last 3 cup games against some decent sides, Cambria, Cuper hearts and glenburn they have conceded 1 goal. Compare that to their last 3 league games and it's 10. Again against some decent sides in hurlford th, kilbride th and galston. Maybe it's coincidence or maybe it's a tactic to be harder to beat in cup games rather than the gung ho tactic they adopt in league games.

59 minutes ago, CFCbhoy said:

Good. We will see very soon then 

Big call imo ruling any sides out at this stage but your the expert it seems. You must be up down the country ten fold watching all these teams on a saturday. Very busy man indeed. Who would have thought colville park would a been out at this stage eh? 100-1 says they would be out by this stage! By rights douglas should go down as favs to win it having knocked out the holders that are far and above the rest of ammy football. Haven’t heard them mentioned once I don’t think. But no doubt you will have them ruled out aswell seen as they don’t play in the central ya dick :D 

36 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

Big call imo ruling any sides out at this stage but your the expert it seems. You must be up down the country ten fold watching all these teams on a saturday. Very busy man indeed. Who would have thought colville park would a been out at this stage eh? 100-1 says they would be out by this stage! By rights douglas should go down as favs to win it having knocked out the holders that are far and above the rest of ammy football. Haven’t heard them mentioned once I don’t think. But no doubt you will have them ruled out aswell seen as they don’t play in the central ya dick :D 

Deary me you are a neanderthall are you not? Resorting too name calling now?  Just keep quiet now and see what happens would that not be the sensible thing too do? My opinions and weekend travels seem to clearly have you irked. What's wrong does the Mr or Mrs not let you further than Shortlees on a Saturday? 

58 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

To be fair Shortlees defensive side of their game seems to be tightened up for cup games. I think their last 3 cup games against some decent sides, Cambria, Cuper hearts and glenburn they have conceded 1 goal. Compare that to their last 3 league games and it's 10. Again against some decent sides in hurlford th, kilbride th and galston. Maybe it's coincidence or maybe it's a tactic to be harder to beat in cup games rather than the gung ho tactic they adopt in league games.

Perhaps their players only turn up for cup games that would be more apt to say 

3 minutes ago, CFCbhoy said:

Deary me you are a neanderthall are you not? Resorting too name calling now?  Just keep quiet now and see what happens would that not be the sensible thing too do? My opinions and weekend travels seem to clearly have you irked. What's wrong does the Mr or Mrs not let you further than Shortlees on a Saturday? 

Keep quiet and see what happens? Gees a break mate your the c**t that’s ruling everyone bar the central teams out not me. I haven’t gave an opinion on who I think will win it or get knocked out for that matter on this thread. So there won’t be any egg on my face when my predictions dont come through coz I ain’t made any. Maybe your the one thats needs to settle down guardiola bhoy! Typical weegie knowitall !!

9 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

Keep quiet and see what happens? Gees a break mate your the c**t that’s ruling everyone bar the central teams out not me. I haven’t gave an opinion on who I think will win it or get knocked out for that matter on this thread. So there won’t be any egg on my face when my predictions dont come through coz I ain’t made any. Maybe your the one thats needs to settle down guardiola bhoy! Typical weegie knowitall !!

The topic off conversation was who we thought would win the tournament. I gave my opinion on who I thought would and the reasons i thought others wouldn't. My opinion. No one else's. I could be correct or totally off the mark but it is my opinion which I am fully entitled too. You are the one who responded with your weegie patter and this and that because I offered my thoughts on Shortlees defensively 

I don’t normally come on this although I like to keek in now and again, so this thread has caught my attention, I am the ex Shortlees manager.  

All I want to say is nobody can say for certain this team or that team will win it. Although we are all entitled to tip teams, and debate, if we have watched certain teams games, or support a certain team

To win the Scottish Cup is the hardest thing to do in Amy Fitba “obviously”.! 

There are 32 teams left in it, some obviously stronger than others, but when the dust settles on Saturday there will be 16 teams in it and we want to be one of them.

If we win, we will be over the moon, it means we will still have a chance, and that will be the same for every team left in it, and the same will go for every team again, if they get to the next round, and the next, and so on.

I wouldn’t rule anyone out at this stage, we have a wee chance the same as everyone else, but that’s all it is, a chance. The draw the weather, i.e. rain/wind, the parks, astro or grass, injuries, suspensions, bad or good refereeing, even linesmens decisions, travel, preparation, and some really good luck, will all have a big say in who wins it. Every team will be trying their best and we should all respect that. Good luck to every team in the Scottish this Sat, Buzzing. 

6 hours ago, Cunny said:

I don’t normally come on this although I like to keek in now and again, so this thread has caught my attention, I am the ex Shortlees manager.  

All I want to say is nobody can say for certain this team or that team will win it. Although we are all entitled to tip teams, and debate, if we have watched certain teams games, or support a certain team

To win the Scottish Cup is the hardest thing to do in Amy Fitba “obviously”.! 

There are 32 teams left in it, some obviously stronger than others, but when the dust settles on Saturday there will be 16 teams in it and we want to be one of them.

If we win, we will be over the moon, it means we will still have a chance, and that will be the same for every team left in it, and the same will go for every team again, if they get to the next round, and the next, and so on.

I wouldn’t rule anyone out at this stage, we have a wee chance the same as everyone else, but that’s all it is, a chance. The draw the weather, i.e. rain/wind, the parks, astro or grass, injuries, suspensions, bad or good refereeing, even linesmens decisions, travel, preparation, and some really good luck, will all have a big say in who wins it. Every team will be trying their best and we should all respect that. Good luck to every team in the Scottish this Sat, Buzzing. 

Agreed, In Cup ties all teams have a chance.

Campsie Minerva beat Shortlees last year in the west as they played to their advantage on a really small park, frustrating Shortless as really tight to play good football.

Its luck of the draw and park, don't care what people say good team can play on any park etc.

Top teams professionally struggle in cup ties as sometimes they play on terrible parks and underdogs are fighting for their lives to win.

Same goes in Amateur football all teams are in the last 32 due to talent and fight.

No team can be discounted especially so called underdogs.

1 hour ago, s212775 said:

Agreed, In Cup ties all teams have a chance.

Campsie Minerva beat Shortlees last year in the west as they played to their advantage on a really small park, frustrating Shortless as really tight to play good football.

Its luck of the draw and park, don't care what people say good team can play on any park etc.

Top teams professionally struggle in cup ties as sometimes they play on terrible parks and underdogs are fighting for their lives to win.

Same goes in Amateur football all teams are in the last 32 due to talent and fight.

No team can be discounted especially so called underdogs.

Contradicting yourself slightly. "Good team can play on any park" but "top teams professionally struggle in cup ties as sometimes they play on terrible parks"

15 minutes ago, CFCbhoy said:

Contradicting yourself slightly. "Good team can play on any park" but "top teams professionally struggle in cup ties as sometimes they play on terrible parks"

CFC, You need to think and read before you comment-

I stated Its the luck of the draw and park- then stating I don't care when people mention good team can play on any park. etc

Meaning that I don't agree with people who say that.

17 minutes ago, s212775 said:

CFC, You need to think and read before you comment-

I stated Its the luck of the draw and park- then stating I don't care when people mention good team can play on any park. etc

Meaning that I don't agree with people who say that.

Not very clear mate and I am pretty sure most people would have read it like me. However I do agree, certain teams are suited too certain parks and it definitely can have an effect on outcome 

2 minutes ago, CFCbhoy said:

Not very clear mate and I am pretty sure most people would have read it like me. However I do agree, certain teams are suited too certain parks and it definitely can have an effect on outcome 

No Problem,

Shortlees, Are far superior on Astro and play some great  football.

However they have  a good squad with players who can battle on a cow field to get a result. Saturday against Glenburn proved that.

Glenburn fair play knew that Shortlees are the superior footballing team , hence choosing to bypass 3G and play on grass.

Highlights the point luck of the draw , as home teams will play on poor parks to stop good footballing teams play.

And if good footballing teams are at home usually they will book Astro so draw is important whether home or not for this reason.

Archived