Pollok v Talbot Feb 3rd

Harry's Corner

On paper this game looks like it has the potential of a cracker. A few old Talbot boys will most likely up their game for this match. Can see Butch and Gormley being a threat aswell as big Martin holding the fort at the back (if playing)

However I am going into this game with confidence on the back of a few good displays. I know all the Talbot players will be prepared and up for this game.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

On paper this game looks like it has the potential of a cracker. A few old Talbot boys will most likely up their game for this match. Can see Butch and Gormley being a threat aswell as big Martin holding the fort at the back (if playing)

However I am going into this game with confidence on the back of a few good displays. I know all the Talbot players will be prepared and up for this game.

Martin is working in Dubai I think pal

We have had a few problems with injuries / suspensions & illnesses (while still picking up results)so hopefully have a few more players available this weekend for a very tough game - need our best players available for a game like Talbot.

Bit of rain and possibly some snow forecast this week, so need to see if game makes it too, as after the rain over the last 7 days a lot of parks in Glasgow will be very damp still, need a few dry days this week I would imagine.

We have had a few problems with injuries / suspensions & illnesses (while still picking up results)so hopefully have a few more players available this weekend for a very tough game - need our best players available for a game like Talbot.

Bit of rain and possibly some snow forecast this week, so need to see if game makes it too, as after the rain over the last 7 days a lot of parks in Glasgow will be very damp still, need a few dry days this week I would imagine.
I don't think the weather is to be that bad surely. Besides newlandsfield should be able to take it. Good drainage system I've heard

Great fixture at a brilliant venue, glad it's not midweek as I like to have a wee swally in Shawlands prior to the game. Expect a tough game, said that before Saturday past mine, but can't see Pollok capitulate like Cumnock did. Talbot not short of confidence after a ten goal bonanza against Ladeside and Cumnock, half decent day weather wise should bring out the usual big crowd for this. I'm going for a narrow away win.:) 

I heard Pollok's money came from the sale of the Newlandsfield toilets to a rich American. Seemingly some Glasgow wide boy had them advertised as the original latrines from the American Civil War POW camp at Andersonville.

You could have sold the Americans Auchenleck the full village is a toilet

Archived