Arthurlie v Gartcairn

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, William Michaels said:

I was personally disappointed with the Arthurlie fans verbally abusing our 15 year substitute then justifying it by saying if he can't put up with it he shouldn't be playing. Disgusting.

I was actually just talking about that earlier, the boy was quality the way he reacted, 'grown men having a go at a 16 year old, should have a look at yourself etc' fair play to him., thought he and the other young guy you have on loan from Petershill looked destined for good futures in the game.

5 hours ago, William Michaels said:

I was personally disappointed with the Arthurlie fans verbally abusing our 15 year substitute then justifying it by saying if he can't put up with it he shouldn't be playing. Disgusting.

5 hours ago, Gaz1888 said:

I apologise about that I wasn’t aware he was only 15, I always have banter at games with players,

The usual. Big hard men shouting at lads from the perceived safety of a metal barrier, just because they wear the shirt of an opposing team. Warms the heart, doesn’t it?

Shouldn’t matter how old the boy was, anyone who does this needs to take a look at their life and motivation for going to the football. Apologies afterwards aren’t good enough, and using the excuse of “banter” is just plain foolish.

Both sides of this are coming out of the discussion really well. Congratulations!

I've not been to Barrhead for a year or two. I'm sure it's seen better days, but there was nothing wrong with it. Also good to visit in terms of proximity to pubs and the train station.

Personal abuse towards players isn’t banter, and I’m not referring to any shouts made at yesterday’s game.
I’ve seen it often enough over the years, you’d get lifted if you made the same remarks to someone in the street

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Both sides of this are coming out of the discussion really well. Congratulations!

I cant be the only fat git on here who is beelin that 2 weeks of scran has been wasted.

1 hour ago, Gaz1888 said:

Listen banter is part of the game and the reason why a lot of people go to watch junior football, 

Keep telling yourself that.

As has been said “banter” is one thing but abuse, which it is 90% of the time, shouldn’t have to be taken by any boy who wants to play football. And thinking he shouldn’t be playing if he can’t take it is, frankly, asinine.

1 hour ago, TheNauld said:

Personal abuse towards players isn’t banter, and I’m not referring to any shouts made at yesterday’s game.
I’ve seen it often enough over the years, you’d get lifted if you made the same remarks to someone in the street

You can’t say that when if In fact the same 16 year old deliberately volleys a player off the ball wouldn’t get away with that on the street either now would he

12 minutes ago, Carilly said:

You can’t say that when if In fact the same 16 year old deliberately volleys a player off the ball wouldn’t get away with that on the street either now would he

Are you serious? Are you comparing an altercation beteeen two players during the course of a competitive football match to a group of old boys who probably never kicked a ball calling a player names, just because “that’s what you do at football”? Oh dear.

16 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

No protest was being repaired by anyone at the club, for 2 reasons. 1, it’s ridiculous and 2 it wouldn’t change the result. In terms of the match ball there were actually 2 sets of match balls used, obviously the referee had a problem with the yellow set and asked for them to be changed. If you think the ref was in Arthurlie’s pocket then maybe you should stop taking whatever it is as it is fucking up your brain.

Gartcairn should be proud about their efforts over the 2 games instead of some looking for excuses. In terms of the game I thought we were on top in the 1st half and poor finishing and an offside flag stopped in being more than one goal. Cairn came out and stared the 2nd half well and won what looked a very soft penalty. The resultant red card was farcical considering the referee had spoken several Cairn players about their language without brandishing either a 2nd yellow or red until late on when again I thought it was harsh as I was close by and never heard anything from the Cairn player sent off.

One last thing I will say is I thought it was poor of the Gartcairn manager to tell players they were being fined for going in for food. Whatever happened after the 1st game it should be the players choice if they go in for hospitality or not.

Good luck to Gartcairn for the rest of the season they are a good side who play some good football.

could never see the Gartcairn manager saying that its not his style . he's a class guy

16 hours ago, Gaz1888 said:

The Gartcairn Manager has a problem with Arthurlie because he didn’t get the job when he applied for it, I’m delighted he didn’t get it tbh,  I must say I’m delighted with Billy Ogilvie Arthurlie managed even at a difficult time for club and supporters,

Gartcairn manager has no problem with Arthurlie ! he would have done a good job for the Lie

You’re having a laugh with that comment are you not

Archived