Arthurlie v Gartcairn

Gartcairn Army

After Saturdays heart break of being 2 v 0 up with 14 minutes to go then losing 2 goals and to be honest some terrible refereeing decisions Can our we club go to the Super premier league team and win?

I was told Arthurlie were not the team the once were and have lots of problems but Saturday showed they still have lots of quality on the park. Was gutted that not one of them came back for hospitality right enough!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gartcairn certainly team moving in right direction goes to show what hard wurk does ... Rossvale gd example this time nxt year could be in the new 2nd tier of junior football in West 

always  annoys me when teams dnt go back for hospitality at least go back and buy a juice ... is at neilston hv it every sat for away team some come others dnt but most hv one or two faces ...

a wont name and shame but we went too one teams hospitality and our players were made too buy pies so basically pie stall was still open 

Unsure why they didn’t come back tbh really disappointed that a team of that stature failed in basic decency, we are just over 2 1/2 year old but we try as best we can to do things as well as possible with the limited resources at our disposal.
Park could definitely be better but plans afoot on that front.
Heard lots of derogatory remarks from people who really should know better on Saturday but hey ho snobbery in junior football is clearly rife.
At Gartcairn respect is always given but one thing I won’t allow is people to look down there noses at us.

Really disappointed with losing a last minute goal and as Army had put some weird decisions, if you’ve seen the highlights how the ref never gave a foul before their equaliser is beyond me.

As someone else put “probably had our chance” but we will go again on Saturday, respect the game and return for hospitality

Mon the cairn

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Hermes again!

Yes it must be something to do with our food lol

1 guy came in and said "I know we were asked and said we would be back but all the boys have left" 

anyway what's done is done but I was more disappointed in losing that equalising goal. How the ref didn't see the foul in the box I'll never know lol

13 minutes ago, sctv said:

Unsure why they didn’t come back tbh really disappointed that a team of that stature failed in basic decency, we are just over 2 1/2 year old but we try as best we can to do things as well as possible with the limited resources at our disposal.
Heard lots of derogatory remarks from people who really should know better on Saturday but hey ho snobbery in junior football is clearly rife.
At Gartcairn respect is always given but one thing I won’t allow is people to look down there noses at us.

Really disappointed with losing a last minute goal and as Army had put some weird decisions, if you’ve seen the highlights how the ref never gave a foul before their equaliser is beyond me.

As someone else put “probably had our chance” but we will go again on Saturday, respect the game and return for hospitality

Mon the cairn

Where are you taking them back to? If the hospitality is not on site, I can see why people don't turn up. If I was travelling once I was in the car or on the bus, I'm not sure I could be bothered getting back out for food. Particularly after a bad result.

Mon the cairn
Not watched highlights yet
Don't pay attention to the snobs , junior football needs new teams and it takes time and money on and off pitch to establish your team
I love an underdog so I hope yours win replay

Firstly can’t comment on why none of the players went back for hospitality. Secondly on the game itself, If we are going on about decisions not given, how about the penalty shout at 1-0 which could of resulted in a red card for your keeper?

As for the ground (and this had no impact on the result). Only being able to stand at one side of the ground (I know the SJFA have mandated that) makes it hard to see. There is no facilities to keep food warm (the hot food was cold by the time I got to it) and I don’t think the pitch is at its best & reminded me of Peasy park before the pitch was upgraded.

Gartcairn are obviously trying to move forward and should be commended for that, I don’t think it’s snobbery to moan about the lack of basic facilities. I know they can only use the hand they are dealt with and there will be issues with upgrading facilities but it that doesn’t detract that it was one of the poorest I have been at in my years of following Arthurlie.

Look forward to seeing Gartcairn at Barrhead and I think it will be another good game as they played some really good football and looked a very well organised team.

Arthurlie1981 you need to remember we are under 3 years old so let's see where we are in 10 years. Our ground not the best but we work hard to give everyone the best experience we can. 
Lets see if we can even get the game on at your place this week

You don’t have to tell me that!! I do take that into account, all my point was for some people at Gartcairn to say it is snobbery is wrong.

I can see all the good work that is being done and I’m sure you will keep making strides, but that doesn’t detract that facilities are not good and I’m not sure you could host a team with a bigger travelling support such as Talbot or Pollok.

Good luck to Gartcairn and I wish you well.

19 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

You don’t have to tell me that!! I do take that into account, all my point was for some people at Gartcairn to say it is snobbery is wrong.

I can see all the good work that is being done and I’m sure you will keep making strides, but that doesn’t detract that facilities are not good and I’m not sure you could host a team with a bigger travelling support such as Talbot or Pollok.

Good luck to Gartcairn and I wish you well.

Yep I appreciate that and agree. At the moment we don't get many games with over 200 supporters so we have time. Not many other grounds that there is music and programmes though either lol

I’ve typed four responses out each time really wanting to have a go but I’ll leave it.
I’m looking forward to Saturday , underdogs again but we will have a go

Have a go about what?

Your performance on Saturday was superb and played some great football in testing conditions. I am taking nothing away from Gartcairn as a club but passed comment on the facilities or lack there of.

Archived