Arbroath vs Albion Rovers

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how many physical presence players do you need in midfield. the best teams always have a playmaker in midfield with guys that will protect him ie whatley yule if you honestly think mckenna can fill that role wtf .

McKenna is another one of these players, not a playmaker but a bit of fight, would always take a McCord over him

McKenna isn’t a bad player, just a player I didn’t think we needed to go out and buy, McIntosh Denholm Linn Swankie Wallace Skelly and Hester McCord were all ready at club and could all play up top, especially with the formation we are going with where Kader and Gold are better suited on the wing you could use Denholm as a striker, he done great for us when Doris got injured,  He has come from a poor team from the league below and walked into our starting 11, just think we were more than covered in that position and maybe the guys already at club should of been given opportunity’s 

3 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

well give your logic for us signing him better than we have answer please

It's DCs logic maybe a bit baffling at times but it seems to be working for us so cheer up big man:) and enjoy another victorious weekend for the lichties,

Because he’s been very good at a level below and was very highly rated at that level and he’s someone that DC thinks can improve and bring something different to the team. He’s not like McCord or Swankie and he’s not like McIntosh either. He’s a bit of a mix between the two, a physical player who also has a goal or a bit of creativity in him.

You going to give the boy a chance first or just slate him every week regardless just because he’s not McCord?

I’m just happy Dick signs and picks the players and not some of the guys on here. Impressed with McKenna today and he will definitely add value. How you can have a pop at him after one game is completely baffling. 

Im a McCord fan but as has been said many many times he is in nowhere near the condition to play against full time teams which we are going to need if we want to win the play offs and get promoted. 

I’m just happy Dick signs and picks the players and not some of the guys on here. Impressed with McKenna today and he will definitely add value. How you can have a pop at him after one game is completely baffling. 
Im a McCord fan but as has been said many many times he is in nowhere near the condition to play against full time teams which we are going to need if we want to win the play offs and get promoted. 

Exactly. How can you have a pop at him when he has had a good game, too many moaners on here after a good win...

I thought the main issue today I'm terms of creating goal scoring chances was that Wallace kept getting isolated wide with no strike partner the moves broke down. Would rather have had McIntosh starting up top with Wallace and I think we might have found chances easier to come by.

On 29/01/2018 at 14:31, lichtie23 said:

Get the 3-5-2 to f**k and play Linn and Denholm as wingers in a 4-4-2. I personally don’t believe Bobby is carrying a knock so he is a far better option than Kadar. Albion gave us an absolute doing at Gayf earlier in the season so even on their poor run I still think they are a dangerous opposition.

On a side note has there been any word of the December fixture at Cliftonhill been rearranged?

Wins a win even if it was a wasteful 1 nil, undeafted in the league in 2018

Archived