Fixture query

dk81130

Just wondering why both ourselves and Maryhill have a free weekend this week?

all the other 12 teams from our league are in action this week. We are down to play Maryhill on the 10th of Feb away. But we haven’t played them at home yet so I don’t understand why this game is not this Saturday. And for anyone who will say you can’t play same team 2 weeks in a row you only need to look at the central 1st Twood are playing Gow the next 2 weeks home and away. We have had 2 home games in roughly 10 weeks and we also haven’t played any more games than anyone else really so really don’t understand this. 

1 minute ago, dk81130 said:

Just wondering why both ourselves and Maryhill have a free weekend this week?

all the other 12 teams from our league are in action this week. We are down to play Maryhill on the 10th of Feb away. But we haven’t played them at home yet so I don’t understand why this game is not this Saturday. And for anyone who will say you can’t play same team 2 weeks in a row you only need to look at the central 1st Twood are playing Gow the next 2 weeks home and away. We have had 2 home games in roughly 10 weeks and we also haven’t played any more games than anyone else really so really don’t understand this. 

I was just about to post the same, but then I remembered who does the fixtures so thought better of it:lol::lol::thumsup2

We'd clocked that anomaly as well. Why not indeed...it's not like there isn't a chance of having to play the same team twice in a week come May [emoji4]

Plus there's a good chance with the weather that the fixture in 2 weeks could be postponed

An absolute disgrace we have no game this weekend. Both teams are in the same league with nothing on. When we asked why we were told we would have to contact the club ourselves. Why? When we did we go no answer from the secretary and the manager appeared reluctant to play . Not right at all and something fishy about this to be honest.

58 minutes ago, dk81130 said:

An absolute disgrace we have no game this weekend. Both teams are in the same league with nothing on. When we asked why we were told we would have to contact the club ourselves. Why? When we did we go no answer from the secretary and the manager appeared reluctant to play . Not right at all and something fishy about this to be honest.

Surely the powers that be should be compelling clubs to play their fixtures when they have nothing scheduled on a Saturday?  I can't see how a club can be allowed to refuse to play on a scheduled Saturday. It is in everyone's interests to prevent fixture backlogs.

29 minutes ago, TheNauld said:

It’s the powers to be, ie the league Sec that’s screwing up the fixtures, you just have to look at the amount of teams playing away week after week to see what the problem is, HIM !!!

It is not just down to one man. There has to be an explanation as to why two teams who have not yet faced each other are facing a weekend without a competitive match when both are free.   There is a suggestion that Maryhill don't want to play.  We should hear from them. Can they request a free weekend? 

It is not just down to one man. There has to be an explanation as to why two teams who have not yet faced each other are facing a weekend without a competitive match when both are free.   There is a suggestion that Maryhill don't want to play.  We should hear from them. Can they request a free weekend? 

Of course it’s down to one man, he’s the fixture secretary. I can understand why a Lanark supporter would try to defend him mind you

58 minutes ago, TheNauld said:

Of course it’s down to one man, he’s the fixture secretary. I can understand why a Lanark supporter would try to defend him mind you

Why?

I don't know him. I've never met him and you have completely ignored the points I have made to peddle  your grievance against this individual.

Please explain to me them how it’s not down to the fixture secretary when two teams who don’t have a game this weekend and have still to play each other don’t have a fixture. Unless either of the teams have applied for a free week which it seems they haven’t then it’s solely down to him to issue the fixture accordingly.
Further to your other remarks, I’ve have no grievance with the fixture sec other than the fact that he seems to be incapable of doing the job he’s supposed to

6 hours ago, TheNauld said:

Please explain to me them how it’s not down to the fixture secretary when two teams who don’t have a game this weekend and have still to play each other don’t have a fixture. Unless either of the teams have applied for a free week which it seems they haven’t then it’s solely down to him to issue the fixture accordingly.
Further to your other remarks, I’ve have no grievance with the fixture sec other than the fact that he seems to be incapable of doing the job he’s supposed to

My point is that the association are responsible for the rules, not just the man who works the fixtures out.  David has said that Maryhill were approached by them but they seem reluctant, which draws me to the conclusion that there is more than one side to this story otherwise, logically, there is no reason for them not to be playing each other .

I just can’t understand it . When the fixtures are being done last sat night or any changes it’s quite clear. There is 2 teams that have yet to play each other spare and we are more than half way into the season. Yes we are down to play maryhill next week but as stated above the gow play twood the next 2 weeks. Why was it down to our people to phone there people and beg for a game? It’s very clear Maryhill did not want this game on (they hadn’t asked for a free week) the 2 committee contacts didn’t answer there phone until yday and the manager said they don’t want to play. I know our club voted to keep this man and since then we’ve had a few issues with him - maybe this is our punishment. 

14 hours ago, dk81130 said:

I just can’t understand it . When the fixtures are being done last sat night or any changes it’s quite clear. There is 2 teams that have yet to play each other spare and we are more than half way into the season. Yes we are down to play maryhill next week but as stated above the gow play twood the next 2 weeks. Why was it down to our people to phone there people and beg for a game? It’s very clear Maryhill did not want this game on (they hadn’t asked for a free week) the 2 committee contacts didn’t answer there phone until yday and the manager said they don’t want to play. I know our club voted to keep this man and since then we’ve had a few issues with him - maybe this is our punishment. 

Surely the league have to give you a formal response as to why you have no fixture when you haven't played them before. Bring next week's scheduled fixture forward. Scheduled matches are rescheduled all of the time.

On 01/02/2018 at 07:05, dk81130 said:

Heard anything formally from Maryhill as to why the can't or won't play tomorrow?

Archived