Queens Parks vs. Raith Rovers

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beastie Russell said:

No mention or footage of Lennox’s howler of a clearance.

smith would have been slaughtered for that one

True, fairly sure Smith could have stopped their goal too.  That said I reckon we're still better off with Lennox overall.

9 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Was that the one in the second half that Davo cleared off the line? It was a poor effort, but you'd hope he'd learn from it. If Lennox does stuff like that, then people will ask questions. The problem with Smith is that the fans lost confidence in him after Cliftonhill, and from there on in everything was under the microscope. His one against Forfar didn't help either where he stayed on his line creating indecision in the back line. Later on he made less mistakes up until Stranraer, but was continually hoofing the ball up the pitch. 

I'm confident Lennox will be an asset for us. His distribution and willingness to get the ball on the deck and out through the defence is good. Once Bene comes back ( which could be as soon as next week), then it'll be a massive boost. 

6 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Are you suggesting that we hike the prices?

I thought the food prices were a bit expensive but given the admission prices and the fact you can download a programme free of charge, it still makes for value overall. 

5 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Any queens park fans reading this. If the sfa move from hampden, where does that leave you? Would imagine that it would impact hard financially on your club, given the sfa or holding company rent it from you.

I'm not sure the SFA have any intention of moving from Hampden. I get the impression that all the talk is a way of trying to screw down the amount of money they have to pay Queens Park. 

For as much as the rebuild of Hampden was a complete and utter botch, I hope Queens Park remain there for a long time to come. Their presence there is like a GIFUY to the self proclaimed football establishment and the commercial powers that be in modern day football. 

6 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Lennox has also made two good saves in the past two games where he has parried the ball put for a corner, not to the strikers feet.

Lennox is a far better keeper than Smith, that is what people were annoyed at before.  Even with a couple of scares the difference in the past two games has been absolutely massive.

Cracking goal from Furtado. Unlucky with the one that hit the post too.

That 3rd goal was a personal disaster for that Queen’s Park defender.

Thought our keeper could have done better at their goal.

Still, a win at Hampden and top of the league. Can’t beat that.

33 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Harsh on Lennox IMO.

If it never took the massive deflection off McKay to take it under Lennox, then Lennox would have had it comfortably.

I would need to see it from behind the goal to be sure but he looks very slow to react. 

Smith would've been slaughtered for letting that in.

I don’t see where the mistake from Lennox at the goal supposedly is. It takes a massive deflection and and he can’t readjust quick enough? What do folk think he could’ve done better?

Save it.

Archived