Queens Parks vs. Raith Rovers

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time I've seen Furtado for us and he was utterly superb as I mentioned before. Full of deft touches, clever play and good link up. I thought he'd slowed down too much in the run up to his goal, but it was a peach of a finish.

Considering our away form, it was good to put on a decent performance on the road. Hampden really suits our wide players. We were a bit unlucky not to score a couple more with the Queens keeper making an excellent save.

Special mention to the total diddy who got sent off in injury time. When you're in a relegation battle, the last thing you need is a player going in on a booking when the game is over. Queens create a few half chances, but looked a bit more cautious than in the first game at Hampden.

Good to see Dario back, though after a lively first ten minutes he didn't really get back into the game until the tail end of the second half. Herron had a solid performance, as did Dave Mckay at the back.

The manner we concede goals is pathetic. That 3rd goal just summed up our season so far, shooting ourselves in the foot. Obviously didn't expect a result but I wish we'd stop gifting goals every single game. Only positive was Keena up top who put in a really good performance and hopefully he'll keep scoring. Next 4 fixtures are crucial  and will ultimately decide where we finish at the end of season. Not fussed Fotheringham got Sent off tbh, been pish all season.

5 minutes ago, rw89 said:

First time I've seen Furtado for us and he was utterly superb as I mentioned before. Full of deft touches, clever play and good link up. I thought he'd slowed down too much in the run up to his goal, but it was a peach of a finish.

Considering our away form, it was good to put on a decent performance on the road. Hampden really suits our wide players. We were a bit unlucky not to score a couple more with the Queens keeper making an excellent save.

Special mention to the total diddy who got sent off in injury time. When you're in a relegation battle, the last thing you need is a player going in on a booking when the game is over. Queens create a few half chances, but looked a bit more cautious than in the first game at Hampden.

Good to see Dario back, though after a lively first ten minutes he didn't really get back into the game until the tail end of the second half. Herron had a solid performance, as did Dave Mckay at the back.

Agree, McKay had a good game and has been a great find this season.

Thought we played well over the 90 minutes. Some goal from furtado as well. We didn’t play the long ball as much today, and it worked better. Queens park managed to create a few chances, but we didn’t look particularly uncomfortable at the back. Towards the end there was a bit of frustration from them creeping in and thats what led to the queens park player getting sent off.

Still gutted we didn't get a fourth. Cost us a grand! Had the day in hospitality and was a great experience the staff brillant with us. Bizzare sitting behind John Simm in comfy seats watching the game.

The 2nd half was a bit of an even game and made for an a bit of excitement

11 minutes ago, P.C said:

Still gutted we didn't get a fourth. Cost us a grand! Had the day in hospitality and was a great experience the staff brillant with us. Bizzare sitting behind John Simm in comfy seats watching the game.

The 2nd half was a bit of an even game and made for an a bit of excitement

Image result for comfy seat monty python gif

We were completely outplayed today in midfield. Gus had some kind of 4 man (!) box formation (or if he didn't nobody told his players) that allowed Rovers midfiled to wander between them or the forwards to drop deep behind them. Both created lots of time for some nice passes to be controlled and they made the most of the space.  Defenders sitting far too deep. Again. In contrast to Raith defenders/midfiled looking for feet to pass to our back 4 hoofed "long passes" all day, mostly losing possession. Players come and go but the same formula exists. Yes, McGhee had a gaffe but there was a pass to the winger that took out four of our players and then a low cross through Cummins legs before it got there. We're just not good enough for this level I'm afraid.

Positives: Mikey White had some incredible saves today, even coming of his line. Dom Docherty well deserved as MotM - very clever player and despite his skinny body gets about and had some of the better half-chances. And very well done to young Kenna. Not quite as spectacular as Furtados goal but for an 18 year old loanee it was way better than any of our other strikers have managed. Facing the goal at every chance. Keep it going Aidan. Negative: Sean Burns. Just don't get it. Can't defend (where was he at the third goal), can't attack, can't cross, can't make a short pass. Tough on Summers to be sitting on the bench today.

Hard to see how we are going to get out of this but as long as the lads keep trying I'll keep behind them.

Thought we were solid today and what a great goal from Furtado. Thought Queens threatened us a bit after they got their goal back but we saw it comfortably out in the second half.  Bobby Barr a bit disappointing, thought he could cause some damage with the wide open spaces Queens were giving us. Furtado was great and Zanatta while not always consistent does cause havoc for teams. Hopefully we can capitalise on Tuesday night and create a small gap. 

Queens Park is a great away trip. Great to be at Hampden without the crowds of a Scotland game. Special mention to the catering choices. Rovers could learn a thing or two. 

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Thought we were solid today and what a great goal from Furtado. Thought Queens threatened us a bit after they got their goal back but we saw it comfortably out in the second half.  Bobby Barr a bit disappointing, thought he could cause some damage with the wide open spaces Queens were giving us. Furtado was great and Zanatta while not always consistent does cause havoc for teams. Hopefully we can capitalise on Tuesday night and create a small gap. 

Queens Park is a great away trip. Great to be at Hampden without the crowds of a Scotland game. Special mention to the catering choices. Rovers could learn a thing or two. 

Are you suggesting that we hike the prices?

Atmosphere was bit better than i thought it would be. We took a wonder around the football museum while we were there as well, good wee thing to have open for fans on matchdays.

Any queens park fans reading this. If the sfa move from hampden, where does that leave you? Would imagine that it would impact hard financially on your club, given the sfa or holding company rent it from you.

Hard to argue with the result today but the amount of goals we're losing due to poor defending is ridicuous. Thought we made more of a game of it in the second half but by that point all Raith had to do was see it out. Positives for me were Keena getting a goal and I though Michael White had a good second half, with one save in particular top class from Buchanan. The next three games are now huge if we are to have any chance of avoiding relegation. 

Archived