The turnarounds vs the roundabouts

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He' s not got the pace to play out there. Been playing his best football in many a year recently just behind the striker. 

Far too inconsistent in the centre for me and maybe will never have a season like he had on the left the mentioned year he won everything in the in-house poty awards.

His best game for us last season for me was QoS away, funnily on the left, pace isn't a requirement for playing wide, Beckham, John Robertson, Davie Cooper to name a few had no pace

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

Last season by an absolute mile

Not for me obviously, nearly everyone had Hippo as POTY last season till just after the turn of the year when he disappeared into nowhere, Sibbald for me won POTY on default due to us being pish and no one really stood out over the season, realating  to the play offs v Utd when stand out players were Craigen and Mckee and a large amount of fans were wetting their knickers over building a team with these two.

Sibbald was a stick on for POTY 2014/15 with his performances over the season with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the league and a far better level of competition outside that and not half the league going 10 games or so without a win throughout the season like last season, Sibbald also raised the bar with scoring in the semi v Hibs, less goals that season 7 v 10  but 11 assists to 2 in the league suggests he was more productive per stats with better competition.

But fair play to you, its all about opinions 

Not for me obviously, nearly everyone had Hippo as POTY last season till just after the turn of the year when he disappeared into nowhere, Sibbald for me won POTY on default due to us being pish and no one really stood out over the season, realating  to the play offs v Utd when stand out players were Craigen and Mckee and a large amount of fans were wetting their knickers over building a team with these two.
Sibbald was a stick on for POTY 2014/15 with his performances over the season with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the league and a far better level of competition outside that and not half the league going 10 games or so without a win throughout the season like last season, Sibbald also raised the bar with scoring in the semi v Hibs, less goals that season 7 v 10  but 11 assists to 2 in the league suggests he was more productive per stats with better competition.
But fair play to you, its all about opinions 

f**k reading all this mate but stats don't tell the whole story, last season was his best and most consistent year with zero competition.

9 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

f**k reading all this mate but stats don't tell the whole story, last season was his best and most consistent year with zero competition.

Personally last sesason he turned up first game v Hibs in a defeat, went awol, reappeared went awol and was subbed repeatedly till December (sorry thats a stat)

His performances from the turn of the year won him more POTY awards last year whereas his consistent form throughout the season won him clean slate way back 2014/15

As I said, you have your opinion, I have mine with stats

Archived