The turnarounds vs the roundabouts

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Well no, it wasn't bragging. It was an observation of Falkirks league form, linked to the return of Sibbald from injury which is entirely in the context of the conversation.

Also, your first point doesn't really stand up to any scrutiny since it conveniently misses out the point that any top flight club who wanted him, would until now have had to pay us a 6 figure development fee. Top flights clubs assessing him as being good enough, and assessing him as being worth 6 figures are two completely different things, obviously.

Sibbald will play in the top flight, and more than likely he will do so before Falkirk do again. 

So the development fee was the *only* reason that not one other side has decided to sign up this hugely talented young player? Nothing to do with the fact that his career has completely stalled for the last three or four years?

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

2nd highest scoring midfielder in the league last year. Shite according to some seething Pars and a Morton diddy though :lol:

Can't speak for anyone else but I never said he was shite. He's clearly a good player and thought he was one of very few to do well when I saw him at EEP.

He's just not as good as the Falkirk fans try to claim he is.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

So the development fee was the *only* reason that not one other side has decided to sign up this hugely talented young player? Nothing to do with the fact that his career has completely stalled for the last three or four years?

I never said it was the only reason. I alluded to the fact that they must have assessed the risk/reward as not being suitable for the money they would have to spend, given that theres not many of them lashing out 6 figure sums (except Hamilton LOL) I really doubt he will be with us next season as someone will likely be able to get him off us for a lower fee.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I never said it was the only reason. I alluded to the fact that they must have assessed the risk/reward as not being suitable for the money they would have to spend, given that theres not many of them lashing out 6 figure sums (except Hamilton LOL) I really doubt he will be with us next season as someone will likely be able to get him off us for a lower fee.

Heard from a VERY good source that he's coming to the Pars.

Sibbs needs a side based around him and I'm sure he'd thrive off playing with better players. Houston stuck him out on the left wing when he needs to play where he's been playing recently. Needs to have a dirty b*****d playing behind him though.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Mind the state of every c**t queing up on our thread, demanding that each one of us condemn the eyeball patter, or Kevin O'Hara....

Then you have these fuckers who think that's funny. The mind does boggle sometimes. 

Desperate for the moral victory IMO. Falkirk top of the Moral League SPFL table of course :D 

State of those Falkirk fans generalising the Livi support as if it is as one on the Lithgow banter.  I can assure you that most folk didn’t assume all Falkirk fans thought it was big or clever to chuck eyeballs at Dean Shiels.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sibbs needs a side based around him and I'm sure he'd thrive off playing with better players. Houston stuck him out on the left wing when he needs to play where he's been playing recently. Needs to have a dirty b*****d playing behind him though.

Tho he had his best season on the left

Archived