The turnarounds vs the roundabouts

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

I’ll quite happily bite. He is an excellent player, but suffers from horrendous nerves and low confidence at times and is a Home bird.

And for as long as he is, he is welcome to stay home. Absolute class act and only attempted wind ups would say otherwise. 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Falkirk being shit for years is hardly Sibbald's fault. He's scored in two Scottish Cup semis, made over 200 appearances after getting a serious injury aged 17 and trained with Man Utd when he was a teenager. If there hadn't been a likely sox figure development fee due last summer he'd be playing in the top flight no problem. 

If your dad paid for you to go to a Man United Soccer Camp when you were a teenager, that doesn't constitute as 'training' with Man United. 

I am a Sibbald fan. Always thought he is a classy player capable of playing at a higher level. That was his poorest performance against Livi I’d say and he was a little lucky to see out the 90 as the red mist seemed to come down. Sheer frustration at the game not panning out how he hoped and the ball being lumped over his head a bit too much.

He is still a young guy and must feel pressure of being the catalyst to all good play and the favourite of most Bairns fans. If, A’s has been suggested, he is prone to some nerves that is a tough gig for a young man. He will bounce back I’m sure.

5 minutes ago, Eugene Dadi's Resurrection said:

If your dad paid for you to go to a Man United Soccer Camp when you were a teenager, that doesn't constitute as 'training' with Man United. 

Scoring twice and playing next to a Brazilian international in a closed door reserve game at the age of 16 probably does though eh. 

I'm not saying Sibbs should be playing for Man Utd but claiming he's a lower to mid-level Scottish Championship midfielder is daft. He'd easily cope in the top flight up here.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree m8 although your centrehalfs won' be happy at you calling them fairies.

Haha I had to go back and look at my post there, thought you'd edited it. Oops.:lol: 

Just now, ATLIS said:

It's the nicest thing someone has called Lithgow on this thread :D 

:lol::lol::lol:

That made me LOL.

Beer in one hand, banger in the other! Big Nasty strikes again! 

Falkirk fans are like Rangers fan, brain dead and inbred! 

"Inbred", coming from West Lothian.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

"Inbred", coming from West Lothian.emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Some genuinely unsavoury stuff from the Livingston fans in this thread. Feel sorry for the ones that want to discuss football tbh. Outnumbered by bigots and idiots. 

Scoring twice and playing next to a Brazilian international in a closed door reserve game at the age of 16 probably does though eh. 
I'm not saying Sibbs should be playing for Man Utd but claiming he's a lower to mid-level Scottish Championship midfielder is daft. He'd easily cope in the top flight up here.
Sorry mate, but his lack of any pace, or change of it for that matter, is why he's still with us.
At 23/24 he should be running the show, in this division, on a weekly basis.
That he's not, speaks volumes.

40 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Sorry mate, but his lack of any pace, or change of it for that matter, is why he's still with us.
At 23/24 he should be running the show, in this division, on a weekly basis.
That he's not, speaks volumes.

Maybe when he's 23/24 he will be.

When we play well it's generally due to him running the show anyway.

Your Mathew Knox may be shite but no way does Craig Sibbald fall into that category.

Yeah I'm afraid he does. He wouldn't be playing for relegation threatened fodder like Falkirk if he was good.

In all seriousness, that was as pleasing a victory as we'll enjoy all season. The cup defeat to the same opposition last week stung like f**k, why wouldn't it have? Fans of any club at this level would have been pissed at missing out on a sixth round tie away to Highland League opposition. That we're in and around the top four still, in February, softens the blow a bit, and after seeing our display yesterday I'm finally beginning to think we might get there. I would say that's our best performance since we beat Dundee United at home; speaks volumes that I was quite disappointed we let off in the final 20 minutes, and nearly let Falkirk back into it - thankfully for us, Louis Longridge stuck in the kind of shite performance which confirms he's a Championship player due to being utterly inconsistent.

Definitely Nicky Cadden's best performance for us, and a timely one too. I don't think I'm the only one who's been doubting whether he could hack it at this level, and it's a step in the right direction rather than a final answer, but he had Tumilty on toast time and time again. Some of the link up with Thompson in particular was very encouraging, and the latter's ball in for the second goal was tremendous. Struggling to think of any player who was anything below good. There's no doubt Miller and Hardie are a significant upgrade on what we had previously, and I felt they made the world of difference yesterday. Hardie in particular could be the one who will get us over the line in the play-offs.

Quite surprised Jakubiak didn't start for Falkirk tbh, looked a totally different side after he got his goal and done more in about 20 minutes than Nelson did in both recent matches between the sides combined. I didn't know Peter Houston had some influence over him though, those comments post-match... Laughable. :lol: Thought for a spell in the second half that Sibbald would not see the end of the game, seemed fucking raging with how things were going but kept himself under wraps from then on, I think he was the one who dinked it over for Longridge to miss the sitter? Indicative of his quality really and surprised he's still with Falkirk in all honesty; shouts of him being a homebird seem fairly accurate given what happened last summer and he's better than some of the dirge in the Premiership at the moment. Surprised he wasn't picked up by one of the sides in the lower reaches of the top flight, but I'm guessing the allure of familiarity at Falkirk was stronger? Would be keen to hear the Bairns' fans' thoughts on that.

The Falkirk fans in general seem to have taken it quite well, a lot of absolute shite being flung around pre-match which at one point I thought was going to cause me to go blind, so fair play. Provided they give Jakubiak a run in the side I think they'll pick up more points than Dumbarton for the remainder of the season no problem.

Archived