The turnarounds vs the roundabouts

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think we just need to try to put this behind us and move on. We were never going to go through the rest of the season without defeat and this was probably a game that we could count on it going wrong as Livi are a well organised and streetwise group. Indeed Lee Miller was a very good addition to their squad in this respect.
Nobody really got pass marks although Sibbs was possibly a wee bit less shite than the rest. Thomson, Grant, McGhee and Kidd were really poor however and Robson and Nelson probably had their worst games for us so far! Can't really criticize the subs too much I suppose and I thought Loy actually looked interested when he came on.
We need to change it for Tuesday and I'd be tempted to drop Kidd and play Loy up front with Nelson.
you'd play loy before jakubiak? seriously?

Doubt he was standing when typing to be fair. A very odd request from a very odd fan base.

Could be on his phone. At a bar. Drinking away his sorrows. His pint, drenched not in spilled beer. But the tears of realisation.

The natural order has been restored.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Jakubiak before Loy surely??? Set one up last week and scored on today?

4 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:
Think we just need to try to put this behind us and move on. We were never going to go through the rest of the season without defeat and this was probably a game that we could count on it going wrong as Livi are a well organised and streetwise group. Indeed Lee Miller was a very good addition to their squad in this respect.
Nobody really got pass marks although Sibbs was possibly a wee bit less shite than the rest. Thomson, Grant, McGhee and Kidd were really poor however and Robson and Nelson probably had their worst games for us so far! Can't really criticize the subs too much I suppose and I thought Loy actually looked interested when he came on.
We need to change it for Tuesday and I'd be tempted to drop Kidd and play Loy up front with Nelson.

you'd play loy before jakubiak? seriously?

Aye, you may well be right lads. Just think we may need a bit more finesse and I think Loy (if anywhere near his best and that's certainly not a given) would offer a bit more than Jakubiak in that respect. I'd imagine Brechin will try to park the bus and hit us on the break and I've got a mental picture of Nelson and Jakubiak getting overly frustrated if they can't break through.

Fuk it, you're right, Jakubiak on from the start and Loy to come on if it doesn't work!

6 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Could be on his phone. At a bar. Drinking away his sorrows. His pint, drenched not in spilled beer. But the tears of realisation.

The natural order has been restored.

You were doing so well too...

Oaft what a howler you’re having. Even with today’s results included.

IMG_1517681125.342600.jpg.d027cf2a5cc98bd4689a85856f301d39.jpg

Fairs fair.

Look up the stats for this season though. That's some sweet viewing right there.
We currently occupy "your spot" in the league when you occupy "ours".

Well that’s all 7 of us back at Frankie & Benny’s having a wee drink and toasting Hopkin, Lithgow, and Gallagher on another fine win. 

Was a dominant display for 70 minutes, all this talk of us playing long ball football as well, only 1 team played any football today and that was us. 

Yet again our defence was solid and hardly gave anything away, the midfield ran all over the Falkirk midfield and Lee Miller and Ryan Hardie look like they’ve been playing together for years, that’s going to be a very good partnership from now to the end of the season. 

Our star man today though was Nicky Cadden, beat his man nearly every time, poor lad defending against him, his head must’ve been spinning. 

We took our foot off the gas a little in the last 20 and almost got punished for it but it was a very good performance and a deserved 3 points. 

For Falkirk surely the number 22 plays every week ? He’ll rip this league up, some pace on the boy and clearly made our defenders far more uncomfortable. 

Ha ha Falkirk! Your shit antics on here alone deserved that. Get back in your boxes you plebs. Wouldnt be surprised if you get knocked out in the next round of the Scottish cup.

What an absolute state to get yourself in on an online messaging board.

Fairs fair.

Look up the stats for this season though. That's some sweet viewing right there.
We currently occupy "your spot" in the league when you occupy "ours".

Anomalies will happen from time to time. And I congratulated you lot earlier, takes a lot to beat us 3 times at home in one season. These moments don’t come around often, away up to Tony Macs and treat yourself xx

What an odd season this is. Livi were excellent today, don't do anything massively innovative but they're well organised, everyone knows their role and they do all the basics brilliantly. Thoroughly deserved their win and Hardie will be the bit of quality that helps them finish second. Their set pieces are excellent as well. 
We'll turn in a performance like that every three or four games. Very poor across the park with the exception of Sibbald. Plenty young players who were poor and Kidd/Taiwo were anonymous. 
Hopefully this reins in the moon howlers who had us making a top four push over the rest of the season. We need to get 1 point more than Dumbarton by the end of the season and be relieved with that. 

‘Moon howlers’???
FFS, what’s wrong with a bit of optimism that we might have been able to push upwards?
Fair to say now that eight will do sadly but it won’t disguise that it’s been a truly shite season...

Anomalies will happen from time to time. And I congratulated you lot earlier, takes a lot to beat us 3 times at home in one season. These moments don’t come around often, away up to Tony Macs and treat yourself xx

Chinese for me and the Mrs tonight. Not gonna lie. Tony Macs is shiiiiite.

^^ Housty loving moon howler IMO.

The problem with the team just now is that just when they put a result or two together, they let you down with a truly shite performance. You think they might just put a run together only to get shot down by an epic fail performance.
Don’t think I could ever be called a Houstie lover, but I don’t jump on the bandwagon that suggests that Hartley is some sort of god either. I said a few weeks ago that we will see the real Hartley after the new player bounce has gone and I just hope that was not the start of it today.
Still behind Hartley but still think there are things to be concerned about that have yet to be proven false. He does not have the option anymore this season to just bring in new players if things are not working on the park.
You cannot possibly argue that tactically we got it all wrong today?

The problem with the team just now is that just when they put a result or two together, they let you down with a truly shite performance. You think they might just put a run together only to get shot down by an epic fail performance.
Don’t think I could ever be called a Houstie lover, but I don’t jump on the bandwagon that suggests that Hartley is some sort of god either. I said a few weeks ago that we will see the real Hartley after the new player bounce has gone and I just hope that was not the start of it today.
Still behind Hartley but still think there are things to be concerned about that have yet to be proven false. He does not have the option anymore this season to just bring in new players if things are not working on the park.
I'm right behind Hartley and the players he's brought in but he absolutely got it wrong today. he was at fault more than the players. the set up from the start was wrong but more importantly his failure to change it early in the first half really concerns me

I don’t think you realise that despite a small recent upturn in form, we are still pretty poor. It takes a pretty good team to win consistently. Even some of the best teams, struggle to play well consistently. It’s unfortunate for us that we either seem to win, or lose, without playing poorly and picking up the odd draw, like we were initially when Hartley came in.

Yeah today we could have altered a few things. But it won’t change that with the players we have available, and where we have came from, finishing 7th and above is a bonus.

Archived