Ayr vs Alloa

It's ignoring bigger problems. It's kiddie on stuff.

There are things on the park that need to be better.

I'm presuming that McCall has been trying to fix the defence. It's clearly not an easy fix so I'd like us to start being ultra attacking from the very beginning.

Without doc and Crawford in the middle we don't really have a creative, passing midfielder. Most of our goals come from very direct play - so let's do that properly from the start.

Of course there are quite clearly bigger problems.

Shooting a different way doesn't stop our defence being an abomination.

Might help slightly in the run in when games are tight though.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, rb123! said:

McCall says the goal which was chalked off at the end for a push on the goalie should never have been given as a foul. 

From the SRE it did look like a foul on the goalie but will be interesting to see the highlights, 2-2 would have been daylight robbery though.

Was that our centre half looking for his man at the start of that interview?

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

It's ignoring bigger problems. It's kiddie on stuff.

There are things on the park that need to be better.

I'm presuming that McCall has been trying to fix the defence. It's clearly not an easy fix so I'd like us to start being ultra attacking from the very beginning.

Without doc and Crawford in the middle we don't really have a creative, passing midfielder. Most of our goals come from very direct play - so let's do that properly from the start.

Doesn't look like it to me, for all the shite Ayr sides I've watched over the decades I've never witnessed an Ayr side that gifts so many goals in all those years.

He said at the start of the season he wasn't too concerned about the defence because of the attacking way they were setup, relying on outscoring  the other team. Bit late to start focusing on it now. Kinda similar to last season when he thought we needed to play a certain way to stay up.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I would hazard a guess that Ayr are losing points as they have a dreadful defence and goalkeeper, rather than what end they are shooting towards.

Our defence isn’t great but it should at least be capable of not shitting itself every time the opposition send in a cross. Alloa’s defence yesterday was far more organised, that just should not be the case when we’re playing a part-time team. The lack of communication between our defence and goalkeeper is astounding.

We've tried two different keepers who should at least be okay for this level, and so far both had made similar errors, albeit we haven’t seen that much of Ruddy. The only common denominator there is the manager and coaching methods.

Even last season when we had Balatoni playing, a player that most teams in the Championship would have happily had starting for them, our defence was still like a sieve.

When you’ve tried umpteen different combinations in defence and the same errors are being made: players panicking under little pressure, not clearing their lines, goalkeepers needlessly rushing out their box, kicking it straight to the opposition etc, you have to start wondering what the f**k they do in training.

Our defence isn’t great but it should at least be capable of not shitting itself every time the opposition send in a cross. Alloa’s defence yesterday was far more organised, that just should not be the case when we’re playing a part-time team. The lack of communication between our defence and goalkeeper is astounding.
We've tried two different keepers who should at least be okay for this level, and so far both had made similar errors, albeit we haven’t seen that much of Ruddy. The only common denominator there is the manager and coaching methods.
Even last season when we had Balatoni playing, a player that most teams in the Championship would have happily had starting for them, our defence was still like a sieve.
When you’ve tried umpteen different combinations in defence and the same errors are being made: players panicking under little pressure, not clearing their lines, goalkeepers needlessly rushing out their box, kicking it straight to the opposition etc, you have to start wondering what the f**k they do in training.

Not to forget McKenna, who in the space of six months went from being part of our shambles of a defence to being a stalwart for Aberdeen.

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

I'd be astonished if the moon and coastal tide weren't something to do with our dreadful home form

Ive seen and read some excuses but this one is really worth an oscar. Keep it up pal, its great and very funny reading.

Ive seen and read some excuses but this one is really worth an oscar. Keep it up pal, its great and very funny reading.

Didn't think anyone would actually take that on, let alone with a few minutes. I'm hoping it's a whoosh within a whoosh.

It is, isn't it?

12 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Considering both Ayr and Raith have been complaining about their keepers in recent weeks, does that make Neil Parry the best in League One? Discuss.

If it wasn't for the ref giving him an absolute gift he would have been the man at fault for gifting Ayr a draw, if he's the best the  the standard is truly dreadful. 

16 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If it wasn't for the ref giving him an absolute gift he would have been the man at fault for gifting Ayr a draw, if he's the best the  the standard is truly dreadful. 

I think Lee Robinson will give you more than enough to worry about between now and the end of the season. 

10 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I think Lee Robinson will give you more than enough to worry about between now and the end of the season. 

He will yes, until we get Sean Murdoch back he'll be a bit of a worry. What's your point? 

29 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The standard of footballer in this league is dreadful. It’s basically 10 teams competing to be the least shite. 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He will yes, until we get Sean Murdoch back he'll be a bit of a worry. What's your point? 

I wouldn't be posting criticism of another team's goalkeeper with a clown like that in goals for my own club. 

Does he still do his famous party piece of diving a second too late, then a double roll as the ball comes back out of the net, then smacks the ground twice with his hand as if to say 'ya hoor I nearly had that'? 

Archived