Ayr vs Alloa

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering both Ayr and Raith have been complaining about their keepers in recent weeks, does that make Neil Parry the best in League One? Discuss.

Surely deserves bonus points for being a crack seagull sniper and receiving a lap dance from Britney Spears. What a life the man has lived.

53 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Considering both Ayr and Raith have been complaining about their keepers in recent weeks, does that make Neil Parry the best in League One? Discuss.

Surely deserves bonus points for being a crack seagull sniper and receiving a lap dance from Britney Spears. What a life the man has lived.

Difficult to compare with Aaron Lennox given the number of injuries he's had, but compared with the rest I've seen, yes, Parry is the best in the league. 

Titles been gone about 5 times this season, plenty twists and turns yet.

That said, Ayrs home form is absolutely ridiculous for a team with title aspirations.  After being 8 points behind in mid December we really shouldn't be top. 

9 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

If only there was something the club could do to allow us to shoot towards our own fans either way....

The club need to do everything they can to help us at home, who knows how much of a psychological barrier that can play with the players.

1) We are in a unique situation to be able to kick up shit about the length of time it has taken SAC to allow us to put a fucking gate in a fence. Are we chasing this up, as generally they will do f**k all fast without without a kick.

2) Pay for a couple of extra stewards and open the away end anyway.

Lol  The funniest thing I’ve heard all season, Maybe its a lack of professionalism from your players that you can’t play as good both half’s at Somerset. 

How about you brick up the goals at the away end that should solve it

First half was excellent, with Kirkpatrick and Stewart causing the home defence tons of problems. I wasn't all that concerned when we went behind (decent finish) as we regularly looked dangerous going forward. Bullet header from McCart then a somewhat comedy of errors- but certainly deserved our lead at the break.

Second half up against it a lot more, but other than the stramash in the 6 yard box, not too many real worrying moments in front of our goal.

Some excellent performances all over the pitch, but more about spirit and resolve for long periods- technically I've seen us play better this season. Probably our best win of the season, 3 excellent games between the two teams so far...

How about putting the pitch on a turntable???  You guys are the modern day equivalent of the Old Firm fans moaning that they only got 2 penalties in the game rather than 3.  Give it a rest.  You were put to the sword today by the better team. End of.  Now go away back to your padded cells.

What are you talking about? I didn't at any point discuss the game and was talking about our clubs failure to help the player shoot towards their own fans in the second half. Utter half wit.

Lol  The funniest thing I’ve heard all season, Maybe its a lack of professionalism from your players that you can’t play as good both half’s at Somerset. 
How about you brick up the goals at the away end that should solve it

Another illiterate moron not understanding the point. Great.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

What are you talking about? I didn't at any point discuss the game and was talking about our clubs failure to help the player shoot towards their own fans in the second half. Utter half wit.

So I made a suggestion that you put the pitch on a turntable.  Surely that would solve it.  No need to get all obnoxious however I will accept your apology.  No Problemo :thumsup2

Based on the highlights it didn't really look like the Alamo at the end.

A couple of big chances, and by the looks of things the disallowed goal should've stood.

But ayr have been here before. We have to realise that when we concede in the manner we do then we have to be much more urgent from the get go.

Pretty much every game we have to score multiple times to win; so let's attack with much more ferocity from the beginning. Far, far too pedestrian.

We're stuck with the keepers we have. They'll make mistakes and at this point we have to accept that.

The chat about shooting at the wrong end is just embarrassing.

by the looks of things the disallowed goal should've stood.

You can't tell that from the highlights as it doesn't clearly show what contact the Ayr player has with Parry. I suspect he has pushed him.

Anyway the ref clearly saw an infringement and that's all that matters.

Based on the highlights it didn't really look like the Alamo at the end.

A couple of big chances, and by the looks of things the disallowed goal should've stood.

But ayr have been here before. We have to realise that when we concede in the manner we do then we have to be much more urgent from the get go.

Pretty much every game we have to score multiple times to win; so let's attack with much more ferocity from the beginning. Far, far too pedestrian.

We're stuck with the keepers we have. They'll make mistakes and at this point we have to accept that.

The chat about shooting at the wrong end is just embarrassing.

Hardly embarrassing - it's sport. Psychology is everything, it might make a difference, it might not but we should try to do something to rectify it.

Hardly embarrassing - it's sport. Psychology is everything, it might make a difference, it might not but we should try to do something to rectify it.

It's ignoring bigger problems. It's kiddie on stuff.

There are things on the park that need to be better.

I'm presuming that McCall has been trying to fix the defence. It's clearly not an easy fix so I'd like us to start being ultra attacking from the very beginning.

Without doc and Crawford in the middle we don't really have a creative, passing midfielder. Most of our goals come from very direct play - so let's do that properly from the start.

Archived