Ayr vs Alloa

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCall says the goal which was chalked off at the end for a push on the goalie should never have been given as a foul. 

From the SRE it did look like a foul on the goalie but will be interesting to see the highlights, 2-2 would have been daylight robbery though.

Not good enough from Ayr today. Once we went behind we seemed to become slow and lethargic on the ball. However, the Alloa guys were pressing quite hard so credit to them. I was happy to be in at just 2-1 as I expected McCall to give them a rocket at half time and we'd come out firing.

Second half we improved but for all our possession we only had two good chances - Moffat & Shankland wasting them. Adams also had a header from a corner straight at the goalie anywhere else and it was in. Alloa defended doggedly and the supposed goal near the end shouldn't have stood. The Alloa goalie made contact with the ball and was then fouled in my view. 

Well played Alloa, I hope you've not killed our title challenge like you did 10 years ago!

Our home performances are abysmal. No wonder the crowd was barely over 1100 it's been grim at Somerset this season. In stark contrast to away from home where we seem to be much more clinical up top and less leaky at the back. I just don't get it!

Just now, Trogdor said:

Not good enough from Ayr today. Once we went behind we seemed to become slow and lethargic on the ball. However, the Alloa guys were pressing quite hard so credit to them. I was happy to be in at just 2-1 as I expected McCall to give them a rocket at half time and we'd come out firing.

Second half we improved but for all our possession we only had two good chances - Moffat & Shankland wasting them. Adams also had a header from a corner straight at the goalie anywhere else and it was in. Alloa defended doggedly and the supposed goal near the end shouldn't have stood. The Alloa goalie made contact with the ball and was then fouled in my view. 

Well played Alloa, I hope you've not killed our title challenge like you did 10 years ago!

Our home performances are abysmal. No wonder the crowd was barely over 1100 it's been grim at Somerset this season. In stark contrast to away from home where we seem to be much more clinical up top and less leaky at the back. I just don't get it!

Oh wow, you're Trogdor the dragon? I remember you. I used to attempt to draw you.

We we're fucking drastic ,alloa made it difficult to even string a pass together .Funny we really play shit when we aint shooting towards the sre in 2nd half [emoji16]

If only there was something the club could do to allow us to shoot towards our own fans either way....

The club need to do everything they can to help us at home, who knows how much of a psychological barrier that can play with the players.

1) We are in a unique situation to be able to kick up shit about the length of time it has taken SAC to allow us to put a fucking gate in a fence. Are we chasing this up, as generally they will do f**k all fast without without a kick.

2) Pay for a couple of extra stewards and open the away end anyway.

36 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

When was the last time ayr won when shooting into railway ens second half ? Ridiculous as it sounds

2nd December against Albion Rovers i believe and even that was almsot a grand balls up, 1-0 up, 1-1, 2-1 up, 2-2 & eventually won 3-2.

And another game with a f**k up between goalie and defence.

57 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If only there was something the club could do to allow us to shoot towards our own fans either way....

How about putting the pitch on a turntable???  You guys are the modern day equivalent of the Old Firm fans moaning that they only got 2 penalties in the game rather than 3.  Give it a rest.  You were put to the sword today by the better team. End of.  Now go away back to your padded cells.

Slip my arse, he made no attempt to go for the piss-weak effort

The officious wee arse of a ref sprinting over to disallow Ayrs goal annoyed me at the time, now seeing the Alloa keepers juggling act and Adams perfectly good goal disallowed makes it justified.

I'm surprised they had time to show it in the highlights though, with all the rampant Alloa goalmouth action that went on

Quite pleasing seeing there was f**k all in the disallowed goal!

Thought our offside goal would've been included although the lack of complaints by our players probably tells it's own story

Archived