League Leaders V QOS

Big week coming up! We have a game at home and while QOS are no pushovers, our home form has been very good this season. Dundee Utd have a hard trip to ICT who are looking to get into the play off positions. I predict that we'll win 2-0 and anything less than win for Utd and their faint hopes of winning the league will be all but gone.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would put my money on a easy St Mirren win.

We have Dobbie that is it but that is not enough to beat a team as good as St Mirren..

St Mirren were very impressive on Friday night we are nowhere near that level we just don't have the budget St Mirren have.

12 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

St Mirren were very impressive on Friday night we are nowhere near that level we just don't have the budget St Mirren have.

Well, no, we quite obviously don't. But neither do Dumbarton and they won there a few weeks ago. It's sport.St Mirren will, rightly, be heavy favourites. Stranger things have happened though.

We didn’t turn up last time out in Paisley so it would be nice to rectify that. Our goalkeeper is marginally more mobile now so that should help.

St Mirren owe us one for kickstarting their revival last season. No better time to cash this in than in this game. Come on Buddies you know it’s the right thing to do. Dundee United will probably lose anyway.

Dobbie gives me the shuddering fear. 
No disrespect to their fans but you nullify Dobbie, you nullify Queens. Which is easier said than done. 

It's not disrespectful in the slightest. Without Dobbie we're a below average side.

I finally get to see my mate Shaun Rooney playing as I missed the last game against Queens. He's been warned about daft notion of turning us over.[emoji14]

He seemed to get into a war of words with the casuals last time out in Paisley. I'm sure he can enlighten why he was so irate with them.

I expect a comfortable St Mirren win. We gifted them the win at Palmerston tbh and defensively they are far from solid but I expect us to fail miserably at trying to shitfest a point.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He seemed to get into a war of words with the casuals last time out in Paisley. I'm sure he can enlighten why he was so irate with them.

I expect a comfortable St Mirren win. We gifted them the win at Palmerston tbh and defensively they are far from solid but I expect us to fail miserably at trying to shitfest a point.

He was winding up a Saints fan and his girlfriend/ wife who ran down the steps of the west stand to give him dogs abuse. :lol:

We need to keep winning and hope Dundee Utd slip up again. It's ours to lose now but I'm cautiously optimistic as nothing is won in January.

He was winding up a Saints fan and his girlfriend/ wife who ran down the steps of the west stand to give him dogs abuse. [emoji38]
We need to keep winning and hope Dundee Utd slip up again. It's ours to lose now but I'm cautiously optimistic as nothing is won in January.

That rings a bell. I can recall some woman being involved.

St Mirren seem to have something Utd can't find - consistency. I'd be comfortable backing St Mirren most weeks. Utd appear to be hot or cold. It's St Mirren's league to lose IMO.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

That rings a bell. I can recall some woman being involved.

St Mirren seem to have something Utd can't find - consistency. I'd be comfortable backing St Mirren most weeks. Utd appear to be hot or cold. It's St Mirren's league to lose IMO.

Our recent form has been good without actually reaching the levels of earlier in the season. We've got that knack of picking up points while not firing on all cylinders. 

The confidence levels will have gone up after last nights crucial win and Dundee Utd making a pigs ear of it today. We have match winners all over the front line, from Morgan to Reilly and Cammy Smith also McShane and McGinn can turn any game in our favour.  We probably haven't had the credit we deserve at times but that just makes it all the more pleasing to prove a few wrong.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

We didn’t turn up last time out in Paisley so it would be nice to rectify that. Our goalkeeper is marginally more mobile now so that should help.

See I know I am in a minority but I've posted before that I thought we did generally fine at Paisley. We controlled a lot of the game and restricted St Mirren to about 4 shots on target all game. Unfortunately Alan Martin had by far his worst game of the season, gifting the first goal and not exactly covering himself in glory at the other two. Kerr and Brownlie engaged in some suicidal defending too. We shot ourselves in the foot and fully deserved to lose but we didnt play all that badly. 

If we get the same amount of the ball as last time and limit them to under half a dozen shots on target we will probably get something. I dont expect this to happen but its not a completely hopeless cause. Either way, as I will be missing ny second Queens game in 6 years I wont see it. :(

We could have a last minute signing in before the deadline too, hopefully a striker. Even if we don't the squad is looking strong for the rest of the season. I thinking going forward we'l have too much for Queens but the defence has also been very strong this season and that's been the big difference.

There's another reason i'm looking forward to this game i'll be having my first drink since 30th December.... tried that dry January pish and have stuck to it. Don't usually do these faddy things and i won't be doing it again:lol: I look forward to celebrating another victory this Saturday.:cheers

There's another reason i'm looking forward to this game i'll be having my first drink since 30th December.... tried that dry January pish and have stuck to it. Don't usually do these faddy things and i won't be doing it again[emoji38] I look forward to celebrating another victory this Saturday.:cheers
Do you feel better for it in any way? Don't know anyone that's tried it and certainly not me!!

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
12 hours ago, Gert.T.Fock said:
There's another reason i'm looking forward to this game i'll be having my first drink since 30th December.... tried that dry January pish and have stuck to it. Don't usually do these faddy things and i won't be doing it againemoji38.png I look forward to celebrating another victory this Saturday.:cheers

Do you feel better for it in any way? Don't know anyone that's tried it and certainly not me!!

We`ve done it this year. I have to say I have felt some benefit. Definitely having a few drinks next weekend though :lol:

To be honest no. I had a cold and stuff in December and I thought a month off booze would do a power of good.. not made any difference and I only really drink on Saturday usually so I’ll not be repeating it [emoji3]

We could have a last minute signing in before the deadline too, hopefully a striker. Even if we don't the squad is looking strong for the rest of the season. I thinking going forward we'l have too much for Queens but the defence has also been very strong this season and that's been the big difference.

Really? I've not been impressed with Saints defensively whenever I've seen them. Obviously you'll have seen them more than me but from what I've seen it's definitely the area requiring some significant strengthening for the step up next season. Aberdeen cut tore them apart without getting out of second gear and I reckon it'll be a regular occurrence next season unless there is a massive improvement.

There's a Saints fan I talk to up in Glasgow who think the same thing so I'm possibly not way off.

Really? I've not been impressed with Saints defensively whenever I've seen them. Obviously you'll have seen them more than me but from what I've seen it's definitely the area requiring some significant strengthening for the step up next season. Aberdeen cut tore them apart without getting out of second gear and I reckon it'll be a regular occurrence next season unless there is a massive improvement.

There's a Saints fan I talk to up in Glasgow who think the same thing so I'm possibly not way off.

Well for going up I think we could get another year from Eckersley (he didn’t play against Aberdeen) but apart from that for the premier I think a few new full backs. And definitely cover for the centre, Davis and Baird will be first choice for that position. To be honest I’m not overly concerned about that right now. I expect we’ll sign 5/6 new players in the summer to try and compete.

Archived