League Leaders V QOS

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ooft just seen the highlights (up until the 2nd goal). I think we've actually been screwed on two major incidents. It's hard to tell from the camera angle but I reckon Fergusson is in line for his goal and I think the linesman has got the wrong man. The Saints defender looks to be behind the penalty spot and I wouldn't say Fergusson is.

The corner just before the penalty, Flynn places the ball way past the corner. It should never have stood. A bit of a sickener.

I screenshot the pictures but they wont upload, annoyingly.

I was right on line with this decision and he was well offside. It was v clear

Admit garbage is more my frustration sitting in a cold stadium watching us go into 3 gear in the second half. Reading this thread most of our fans are quite happy with that for me it was boring. Championship wining  teams in the past were entertaining for most of the 90min. Given our strength on the park and bench is disappointing. It's great to get the three points and i cant see us slipping up. 
Yes. We should be more hung ho like Liverpool. They're good at seeing games out

2 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:
13 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:
Admit garbage is more my frustration sitting in a cold stadium watching us go into 3 gear in the second half. Reading this thread most of our fans are quite happy with that for me it was boring. Championship wining  teams in the past were entertaining for most of the 90min. Given our strength on the park and bench is disappointing. It's great to get the three points and i cant see us slipping up. 

Yes. We should be more hung ho like Liverpool. They're good at seeing games out

No you dont get it so no point in debating with someone who thinks the second half was good from a Saints point of view.  I'm being greedy? Don't think so not the first game where we play deep or play out. Hey I love our position in the league its working but for me second half was boring big time. 

On 1/27/2018 at 19:05, Gert.T.Fock said:

Big week coming up! We have a game at home and while QOS are no pushovers, our home form has been very good this season. Dundee Utd have a hard trip to ICT who are looking to get into the play off positions. I predict that we'll win 2-0 and anything less than win for Utd and their faint hopes of winning the league will be all but gone.

Ahem...

13 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Erm, like GM's team.  :angel   

On 04/02/2018 at 08:48, palmy_cammy said:

I’m sure Reilly had offers from down south when he left us, but opted for Hearts. Given that move didn’t quite go as planned I’m sure he’s keen to prove he can perform at that level. He doesn’t strike me as the money grabbing sort and he’s clearly enjoying his football at St Mirren so you’d think he’d stick around next season.

Great player, with a great attitude. I hope we see him back at Queens one day.

There was plenty of talk of Gav rejoining Queen at the start of the season. It would have been interesting to see how he would have played alongside Dobbie. I guess we would have struggled to match his St Mirren  salary and they were a better option as a club liable to be in the promotion shake-up. Craig Samson would have been another upgrade on Martin too IMO. 

8 minutes ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

There was plenty of talk of Gav rejoining Queen at the start of the season. It would have been interesting to see how he would have played alongside Dobbie. I guess we would have struggled to match his St Mirren  salary and they were a better option as a club liable to be in the promotion shake-up. Craig Samson would have been another upgrade on Martin too IMO. 

I think he joined Saints due to working with Jack Ross at Hearts there is a lot of loyalty from players to Ross we here it in players interviews.  

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

I think he joined Saints due to working with Jack Ross at Hearts there is a lot of loyalty from players to Ross we here it in players interviews.  

He also gets on really well with James Fowler who he worked with at Queens

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

I guess it was because St Mirren offered him a contract first.

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just curious as to the reason for the minutes applause that Saints fans started during the game. 

Die hard fan died a couple of weeks ago, the applause was a mark of respect for him. Never knew him, but used to see him for years from when I was a kid going to the game.

Just now, Soctty said:

Die hard fan died a couple of weeks ago, the applause was a mark of respect for him. Never knew him, but used to see him for years from when I was a kid going to the game.

Thought it must have been something like that but didn't know if an announcement was made or just spontaneous.   Well done Saints fans. 

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Thought it must have been something like that but didn't know if an announcement was made or just spontaneous.   Well done Saints fans. 

It had been planned, but also came up on the scoreboard which obviously away fans can't see as it's at the corner of the North Stand facing out.

27 minutes ago, Soctty said:

He went right back to early 70's got a bit of a shock when I seen his photo up on the board. 

9 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

He went right back to early 70's got a bit of a shock when I seen his photo up on the board. 

Think he was a face everyone knew, even if few actually knew him. Saw him week in week out going to Love Street when I was 11 or 12. Sad news, but great to see the stadium show him such respect.

On 2/4/2018 at 14:11, 19QOS19 said:

The corner just before the penalty, Flynn places the ball way past the corner. It should never have stood. A bit of a sickener.

I screenshot the pictures but they wont upload, annoyingly.

I noticed this with every corner he took at the home end away from the linesman,  

Archived