League Leaders V QOS

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Time Rankin was dropped shame he wasn't sent off today that would have made it easier for Naysmith v Morton what the hell was he doing giving the pen and 3 points away! Martin had the shot covered!! 

I know Rankin conceded the penalty but I thought he was having a fairly decent game.

Brilliant first half where both teams looked dangerous in spells but the second half was just flat as Saints took their foot off the gas and Queens looked pretty  ineffective. Thought the boy Ferguson looked good for you guys and is definitely worth a run of games.

Another welcome 3 points for us though. 

Samson showing again today why he's the best goalkeeper in the league and was one of Ross' best signings in the summer. The four saves in a row before the offside goal were the turning point as we went straight up the pitch and got the penalty after, then never got out of second gear. To think folk laughed when we signed him as well, he's brilliant at this level.

Think we were given a lesson by the champions elect. First half we were all over the place although their keeper made a couple of good saves.

Second half, changes were made but we still didn't look as though we could take anything from the game and Saints looked as though they were playing in second gear. 

Saints do you always sub Gav after 60 mins, that's two games against us you've done it?  He was giving Dycie a torrid time today then you subbed him and you never looked like scoring once Gav was off.

Think we were given a lesson by the champions elect. First half we were all over the place although their keeper made a couple of good saves.
Second half, changes were made but we still didn't look as though we could take anything from the game and Saints looked as though they were playing in second gear. 
Saints do you always sub Gav after 60 mins, that's two games against us you've done it?  He was giving Dycie a torrid time today then you subbed him and you never looked like scoring once Gav was off.

He mostly seems to go off round about that time. The amount of work he puts into that hour is unbelievable tho - he's a total team player and is about much more than scoring goals. Gives defences a torrid time and they must be glad when he goes off.

Loads of good performances today tho special mention to Kyle magennis - thought he was outstanding today and looks like mcginn will bring him on to be a fantastic player.

23 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

The amount of work he puts into that hour is unbelievable tho - he's a total team player and is about much more than scoring goals. Gives defences a torrid time and they must be glad when he goes off.

None of that is news to us. Would have loved to have him back at QOS. 

Suspect he`s not quite up to the top league so maybe you could send him back to us for next season.

None of that is news to us. Would have loved to have him back at QOS. 
Suspect he`s not quite up to the top league so maybe you could send him back to us for next season.
For me he is ready for the step up, I think our difficulty will be holding onto him come the end of the season.

I hope he enjoys playing for us and realise Jack and James know how to play to his strengths therefore he'll sign on again but I fear money talks and he'll be off.

3 minutes ago, Fony Titz said:

For me he is ready for the step up, I think our difficulty will be holding onto him come the end of the season.

I hope he enjoys playing for us and realise Jack and James know how to play to his strengths therefore he'll sign on again but I fear money talks and he'll be off.

Can't imagine he'll be pleased at getting subbed every game!

Can we just have him back we'll give him 90mins each game with Sir Stephen?

31 minutes ago, Fony Titz said:

Hope he goes on to make it at the top level.  Smashing player for us. 

I`m not sure bigger clubs will be lining up to sign him on though.

Hope he goes on to make it at the top level.  Smashing player for us. 
I`m not sure bigger clubs will be lining up to sign him on though.
There was a lot of chat in January of Motherwell looking at him, while I share your sentiment that they aren't a "bigger" club [emoji4] I don't see him staying in the championship if we go up.

I've seen us promoted before and strikers that scored less (during promotion) than he has so far have gone onto bigger things than us.

Easy game for this stage of the season.

They had a wee spell at 1-0 but didn't press home their advantage.

Second half they were happy to lose 2-0 until the final 5 minutes or so when they threw a few players forward.

If they're happy to lose 2-0 then I'm happy to win 2-0  - comfortable result in the end!

10 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I think GN's view is that there is nobody else and let's be honest we are painfully short of midfield alternatives but I would like to see Bell get a chance. It is hard to imagine our midfield being any less effective with him in it.

Bell has also managed to score a goal in the equivalent of about half a game. The other midfielders have managed 2 between them all season, the last one on 9 September, more than 20 games ago.

I’m sure Reilly had offers from down south when he left us, but opted for Hearts. Given that move didn’t quite go as planned I’m sure he’s keen to prove he can perform at that level. He doesn’t strike me as the money grabbing sort and he’s clearly enjoying his football at St Mirren so you’d think he’d stick around next season.

Great player, with a great attitude. I hope we see him back at Queens one day.

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Nonsense assertion from Demented Zebra that we were 'garbage' in the second half. As far as I am aware it took Samson about 25-30 minutes to get a touch of the ball in the second half. 

Completely  within ourselves at every point of the match. No disrespect to Queens but if every game from now til the end of the season is as routine as that, I'll be absolutely delighted. 

Admit garbage is more my frustration sitting in a cold stadium watching us go into 3 gear in the second half. Reading this thread most of our fans are quite happy with that for me it was boring. Championship wining  teams in the past were entertaining for most of the 90min. Given our strength on the park and bench is disappointing. It's great to get the three points and i cant see us slipping up. 

13 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Time Rankin was dropped shame he wasn't sent off today that would have made it easier for Naysmith v Morton what the hell was he doing giving the pen and 3 points away! Martin had the shot covered!! 

I remember when Queens horsed us in Paisley a year past in January. I was annoyed that we hadn't pushed the boat out to bring in Rankin as we were crying out for a midfielder like him with a bit of experience.

I accepted that we would be relegated that day. Not long after we signed McGinn and that signing changed our season.

Rankin wasn't bad yesterday, he was just up against better players in McGinn and Magennis.

Just now, houston_bud said:

I remember when Queens horsed us in Paisley a year past in January. I was annoyed that we hadn't pushed the boat out to bring in Rankin as we were crying out for a midfielder like him with a bit of experience.

I accepted that we would be relegated that day. Not long after we signed McGinn and that signing changed our season.

Rankin wasn't bad yesterday, he was just up against better players in McGinn and Magennis.

Wasn't bad!!  He Handed you the 3 points!! Wouldn't even see that Down the local park on a Sunday..

26 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Wasn't bad!!  He Handed you the 3 points!! Wouldn't even see that Down the local park on a Sunday..

St. Mirren would have won the game with or without that penalty.

He was lucky to stay on the park right enough, so I take your point.

33 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

No,  he was/is bad but it was just highlighted more being up against those players.  Just about every tackle he puts in (when he can get close enough to actually put in a tackle) he is lying on the ground which means he isn't in control if he,  by some chance,  wins the ball.  He runs about pointing to players what they should be doing,  forgetting he should be doing something himself. The room your central midfielders had at times yesterday was beyond a joke and that's the area he is supposed to cover.  Ok,  he's not alone in there but he is the most experienced yet least effective player in there imo.   He divides opinion amongst the support and plenty will say he is performs a valuable task, but to me he is playing a division above his ability.  He was one of Naysmith's first signings,   got a 2 year deal,    but if he is offered another deal after this season then it will confirm suspicions that some have about the Clubs' ambitions,  or lack of,  and Manager's suitability for the job. 

Archived