League Leaders V QOS

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Professional performance from Saints in the second half.

Third goal would have made it feel a lot more comfortable, but couldn’t create as many good chances as we had in the first half.

Special mention for Samson who also made a very good save late on despite not really having much to do.

Surreal being so far clear at the top, but beware Livvy.

Fantastic result for them today and Saints next game... away to Livvy.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is it not that you don't anymore get sent off for a 'denying a clear goalscoring opportunity' foul if it results in a penalty, unless it's deemed deliberate?

It's designed to make conceding a penalty AND losing a player less likely, rather than moreso.

Yeah, I think you’re right.

But I’d argue making a diving lunge to clear a goal bound shot was denying a clear goal scoring opportunity?

Perhaps the referee thought the keeper was guaranteed to save it?

Just now, Bobby_F said:

Yeah, I think you’re right.

But I’d argue making a diving lunge to clear a goal bound shot was denying a clear goal scoring opportunity?

Perhaps the referee thought the keeper was guaranteed to save it?

I've not seen today's incident, so can't really comment on it.

However, I've yet to see the type of effort that Martin is guaranteed to save.

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:

Yeah was a shame Dobbie wasn’t playing - I was looking forward to seeing him.....

I'd half wondered if there was any point playing a defence given that every goal Queens score is all down to his genius, even when he's not on the park, and absolutely nothing to do with the failings of the opposition.

Thankfully Smith and Davis showed there was a point in having some defenders after all.

Well on the positive side, a much improved away performance compared to ICT two weeks ago, and against a better team. St Mirren don't really seem to have a weak link and after strengthening well this transfer window are effectively a Premiership team in waiting.  I thought we competed well for most of the first half and were a bit unlucky not to score. We seemed to get the wrong end of a few offside decisions at either end today.

St Mirren first goal was class - a real Dobbie effort. I thought Martin had his best half I've seen for Queens before he went off injured. 

Rankin too was more effective than I've seen him in the first half up until the penalty incident following which he seemed to lose his confidence (every pass backward) and sense of restraint (lots of needless free kicks conceded).

Dom Thomas looked dangerous when he came on as did Todarov . 

Defence looked strong at times but then for no reason seemed to leave huge gaps in the centre. Joe Thomson seemed to be operating as a sweeper at times in the second half - no idea what that tactic was. 

Overall beaten fairly comfortably by the better team, but plenty of positives. Hope Martin isn't badly injured.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've not seen today's incident, so can't really comment on it.

However, I've yet to see the type of effort that Martin is guaranteed to save.

I'd like to see it again but I think he had it covered and was also having his best game so far for Queens that I've seen. As was Rankin up until that precise moment. Although to be fair the bar in both cases has been pretty low.

6 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

I'd like to see it again but I think he had it covered and was also having his best game so far for Queens that I've seen. As was Rankin up until that precise moment. Although to be fair the bar in both cases has been pretty low.

2 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

I thought Rankins was an excellent save, pity for queens he was an outfield player. 

Keeper may well have saved it, but it was a pretty firmly struck shot on target, and it’s the first time in years I’ve seen an outfield player actually make that kind of save :-).

I thought we were very comfortable today and when Queens did threaten,  Sammy pulled off a couple of cracking stops. It's all about keeping up the win rate in all of our home games, and matching Utd and Livi's away results. Nothing won yet but it's ours to  lose. These are great times to be a buddie.:thumsup2

A walk in the park in the the first half absolutely garbage in the second half foot taken right off the gas. QOS played some nice football they will hurt teams and should make the play offs easily , big lads but not physical they like to play football. Job done but would like to see us push more when in front. 

I thought we were very comfortable today and when Queens did threaten,  Sammy pulled off couple of cracking stops. It's all about keeping up the win rate in all of our home games, and matching Utd and Livi's away results. Nothing won yet but it's ours to lose. These are great times to be a buddie.:thumsup2

Proves again why Samson is the best keeper in the league.

Well that was one of the easiest games we've played in ages. Scored earlier doors, which settled everyone and when the 2nd went in Queens never looked likely to get back in the game. 

Queens defending was strange, kept doubling up on Morgan leaving huge gaps in the centre of the pitch. Don't see what Toderov gives them either. 

Think Dobbie summed it up by smashing the ball out of the ground as the HT whistle blew. 

Watched the champions elect today, Jack Ross has assembled a very good squad, (budgets reflect the difference in squads). The QoS defence seemed all at sea 1st half they were getting torn to shreds yet had it not been for samson, the bar and the offside goal it could have been closer going in at halftime. Queens must get a result v Morton in 2 weeks to stay in top 4 contention. Think the break will do the squad good, extra time to get injured players back and get the new players familiar with the squad. Martin starting to seem very injury prone time maybe for emergency goalie signing.

Actually not a bad day out. Nice tidy stadium with pretty relaxed stewards with a decent atmosphere. Thought St Mirren played some really clever football and def the best team that I’ve seen in the league. Queens slightly sloppy and didn’t seem totally focused. Lots of loose passes. Didn’t think Thomson had a great game and seemed to lack confidence at times. Rooney was v. poor today and to be honest didn’t think Dobbie had a great game either. Dykes hot and cold but something’s missing. Martin played well. Didn’t expect to get anything and I thought it might have been a lot worse esp after the first goal.

Archived