League Leaders V QOS

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The closer this game gets the more important I feel it is for our season.
Last weekend could not have gone any better for us, and since then fans of all other teams seem to be conceding the league.
In theory, with Saints at home and United away the gap shouldn’t reduce.
BUT if it does, momentum could just start to swing.
I think a Saints win though (in a very tough game) especially if United drop any points, and our journey toward a winning the league may well become unstoppable. 
HUGE game.
I said last week if results went our way then that would be us. Fast forward 7 days and I'm saying the same[emoji23]G
Guess it will only be over when its over

14 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Anyone who was at Dumbarton or Dunfermline will know that this team is in a winning mentality and every player will have to play at their best as either Stephen McGinn will give them the hair-drier treatment or someone decent from the bench can replace them. Tough game but home win.

You missed a more obvious example of your team's winning mentality - coming from two behind to beat us in the last meeting.

With Fordyce back in the team I'm hopeful we won't repeat the defensive blunders of that game.  It's unlikely the Buddies will give us a two goal head start this time round either though.  A draw would do me just fine.

Just now, sneeuq said:

Never been to St Mirren, looks like there is no car park so any tips where best to park ? 

There was a car park at the back of the stand across from the main stand but I think it was closed last season for some reason and may still be. There are streets around the stadium that aren' too far away.

4 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

Never been to St Mirren, looks like there is no car park so any tips where best to park ? 

There are plenty of parking spaces in the surrounding industrial area next to the ground. Murray street and Clark street are just a 2 min walk from the stadium.

Season ticket , check / 1877 club card , check / Scarf , check /  Ferry ticket , check / Train ticket , check / Beer tokens , check / Feeling really good about this game. ICT pitch inspection at 8am nothing to say the game is off have a feeing United will drop points up there , this could be one of these great day's.

10 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Season ticket , check / 1877 club card , check / Scarf , check /  Ferry ticket , check / Train ticket , check / Beer tokens , check / Feeling really good about this game. ICT pitch inspection at 8am nothing to say the game is off have a feeing United will drop points up there , this could be one of these great day's.

United game is off.

14 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Was keeping my eye on that just confirmed don't think United will enjoy to midweek games at your place and Inverness. When is your rescheduled game with them ?

In discussion. Trying to agree a date. Them having another game v Inverness to schedule, and also one against Dumbarton, makes it more complicated. They are starting to get a pile up.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

You missed a more obvious example of your team's winning mentality - coming from two behind to beat us in the last meeting.

With Fordyce back in the team I'm hopeful we won't repeat the defensive blunders of that game.  It's unlikely the Buddies will give us a two goal head start this time round either though.  A draw would do me just fine.

Aye that was a defining moment but I only mentioned these last two Away games as we have not played at Home in 4 weeks and some Buddies who don't travel, may have lost sight of that winning mentality going by comments on B&WArmy.

28 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Aye that was a defining moment but I only mentioned these last two Away games as we have not played at Home in 4 weeks and some Buddies who don't travel, may have lost sight of that winning mentality going by comments on B&WArmy.

It was a bit of a defining moment for us too.

We were still in touch with the top of the table with a win there.  After a few minutes, we were well on course for one of those.  

Due to calamitous errors however, we contrived to lose the game and in the course of it, lose two of our more reliable players for a spell that's not yet ended.

That turned into a disastrous afternoon for us after such a bright start.

On 28/01/2018 at 22:53, Bluenortherner said:

Queens can win his game, certainly a draw at the very least!

Would love to be on the stuff you are on.

Queens are Dobbie mark him tight that is it  we have no other goal threat

Going for a 3 _1 home win  Dobbie to score a late goal

52 minutes ago, billyg said:

Always decent games v QOS , dating back to the first time I saw the teams meet.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1973&GameID=197311030

Expecting both teams to score today too !

Cheers! That Queens team brings back some memories.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Always decent games v QOS , dating back to the first time I saw the teams meet.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1973&GameID=197311030

Expecting both teams to score today too !

Thanks for that. I would certainly have been at that match but have absolutely no recall of it.

I`d love to think we could get a crowd of 3256 for such a game now :(

Different times I guess.

Edit to add a couple of our team that day played for both clubs, Ronnie Hamilton and Jocky Dempster. Both were fine players for us.

Here is a link to a good article about Ronnie 

Ronnie Hamilton

Archived