League Leaders V QOS

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought Morgan was quiet at Palmerston. He breezed past Mercer once in the first half but other than that I can't recall him doing much. Gav was outstanding that day though.

Morgan can take a back seat then all of a sudden bursts into life showing some wonderful skill he is a great player. Two players improving by the week our next big thing Kyle Magennis especially in central midfield now that Flynn has been brought in I expect that's  where  Kyle will start.Jack  Baird  is central defender who has grown in strength thanks to Harry Davis return. We have good strength all over the park including the bench the best I have seen in many years. This game will not be a walk in the park both teams will need to play well to get anything. 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgan can take a back seat then all of a sudden bursts into life showing some wonderful skill he is a great player. Two players improving by the week our next big thing Kyle Magennis especially in central midfield now that Flynn has been brought in I expect that's  where  Kyle will start.Jack  Baird  is central defender who has grown in strength thanks to Harry Davis return. We have good strength all over the park including the bench the best I have seen in many years. This game will not be a walk in the park both teams will need to play well to get anything. 

We both have a player like that. It's similar to Dobbie. Even if he's having a quiet game he can all of a sudden produce something out of nothing.

We both have a player like that. It's similar to Dobbie. Even if he's having a quiet game he can all of a sudden produce something out of nothing.
Dobbie is a smashing player who will need to be watched. I'm pleased with our attacking options tho. Usually if one is having a quiteish game, the others are very good. Great when they're all on it on the same day. Hoping to keep the good run going against a very decent Queens side. May the best team win[emoji209][emoji209][emoji209]

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dobbie is a real star and should receive an award come the end of season, would love to see you guys make the play offs always enjoyed my trips down there. 

Our bench looking very strong now with Hyppolyte McKenzie Mullen  Flynn Sutton Irvine all fighting for places. Can only be a good thing as we head towards the business end of the season.

A lot more accurate now.

Not sure why, but I have a sneaking suspicion we will lose this or at least struggle to get a draw. It's not that we aren't good enough to go out there and completely control the game, with the way the other results have gone, with getting new players in and shuffling the pack a little and with almost everyone (including me) tipping us for the title I just feel this game won't go our way. Don't know why, just have a hunch, and I'm not normally a "doom-sayer" in any way.

As far as I am concerned, Saints have the Championship in the bag and the rest of us are scrapping for the play-off places.

As winning the title is a formality, please may we have the points on Saturday?!

I’m pleased with our additions but suspect they may not ‘gell’ In time for Saturday. Lewis Morgan scares me and either Reilly or McShane (or both) are bound to score.

But we have Dobbie. Can’t see a 0-0.

The closer this game gets the more important I feel it is for our season.

Last weekend could not have gone any better for us, and since then fans of all other teams seem to be conceding the league.

In theory, with Saints at home and United away the gap shouldn’t reduce.

BUT if it does, momentum could just start to swing.

I think a Saints win though (in a very tough game) especially if United drop any points, and our journey toward a winning the league may well become unstoppable. 

HUGE game.

21 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

As far as I am concerned, Saints have the Championship in the bag and the rest of us are scrapping for the play-off places.

As winning the title is a formality, please may we have the points on Saturday?!

I’m pleased with our additions but suspect they may not ‘gell’ In time for Saturday. Lewis Morgan scares me and either Reilly or McShane (or both) are bound to score.

But we have Dobbie. Can’t see a 0-0.

If I'm right we've only had one 0-0 since JR arrived - over 60 games now.

Queens are certainly capable of taking something from the game and I suspect they're a bit less of a one man team  than they are often portrayed.  Hope you're right about your newcomers taking a bit longer to gel other than that it's up to us to be at the top of our game.

4 hours ago, btb said:

Queens are certainly capable of taking something from the game and I suspect they're a bit less of a one man team  than they are often portrayed.  Hope you're right about your newcomers taking a bit longer to gel other than that it's up to us to be at the top of our game.

Think we said that about them last season, too. "Loads of newcomers, they'll never gel!" Cue a 3-0 horsing.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Think we said that about them last season, too. "Loads of newcomers, they'll never gel!" Cue a 3-0 horsing.

Its one of them saying it this time.

The only possible change I see us making is to start with Flynn & move Magennis inside to replace McShane. A bit harsh on McShane but there's no room for sentiment with a title at stake!

Anyone who was at Dumbarton or Dunfermline will know that this team is in a winning mentality and every player will have to play at their best as either Stephen McGinn will give them the hair-drier treatment or someone decent from the bench can replace them. Tough game but home win.

Another massive game for us, as they all will be from now until the end of the season.

Hopefully we can continue our spirited performances and come through it with maximum points.

Dundee United have a very difficult game in Inverness but we need to look at our games & this certainly won’t be a walk in the park.

COYS

Archived