2015-16
Sat 09 Apr    ... Craigroyston 2-3 LTHV
Mon 11 Apr ... LTHV 3-0 Burntisland
Wed 13 Apr ... Ormiston P-P LTHV
&
Sat 23 Apr    ... Eyemouth 2-5 LTHV
Mon 25 Apr ... Ormiston 1-7 LTHV
Wed 27 Apr ... LTHV 10-1 Eyemouth
Sat 30 Apr     ... Peebles Scr-WO LTHV (King Cup SF)
Mon 2 May   ... Peebles 0-2 LTHV
Wed 4 May   ... LTHV 5-0 Stirling Uni EOS

Lost to Leith by 9pts.

Having drawn at Burntisland in Dec and at home to Heriot-Watt Uni in Jan they suffered what proved an insurmountable blow in Mar losing to Spartans EOS and Stirling Uni EOS. Oddly enough the only dropped points during the heavy run in was between the Sat-Mon-Wed runs, when they drew 3-3 at Duns. Also lost late in the season to Tynecastle and Leith.

If LTHV get licensed, and promoted to the Lowland League next season, it's hard to imagine how they're going to cope with 30 league games plus the various cups.  Especially if they are still groundsharing with Tynecastle.  

Particularly unfortunate as it's tomorrow's last groundhop game, though the intrepid hoppers would've already had 1 tonight (Mid Annandale) and 3 earlier in day (Burntisland, Kelty, Heriot-Watt).

It becomes Saughton's 16th postponement of the season, two-fifths of the overall league total of 42. (Peebles = 5, Preston + Tweedmouth = 4, all others = 2, except Heriot-Watt, Kelty + Leith = 1). More worryingly, against those 16 postponements it has only managed 24 games in the entire season to date... while it's still due to have between 17 and 22 more in the time remaining...

3 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Date or day wrong though 

Well spotted they also missed out the n in Leithen! I would imagine it would be the 21st as Wednesday is their normal midweek night. 

I wonder if they have provision to switch it to the likes of Ainslie Park or whatever if the pitch is still unplayable given that the Final's meant to be on the 25th?

On 17/03/2018 at 23:50, cowdenbeath said:

Well spotted they also missed out the n in Leithen! I would imagine it would be the 21st as Wednesday is their normal midweek night. 

I wonder if they have provision to switch it to the likes of Ainslie Park or whatever if the pitch is still unplayable given that the Final's meant to be on the 25th?

The final is the 31st.  Think it'll get go ahead tomorrow. 

Archived