Elgin v Stenny

Don't think anybody has even hinted at Shane being anywhere near last year have they so chill out! You're the person getting p***kly about people questioning Mcleish - a forward who scores 5 times a season!! If SS played now he would be way better than we have but no-one would risk that. Seriously have we actually got to the point where we want to play Daryl upfront!?! We don't want soapy up there who is a player who would get in any team in this league and the league above but we should play a centre half who can't get in the current Elgin team upfront?! There is no magic forward out there folks and playing  someone that runs the lines and stretches teams is all we've got but you'll have to forgive me for being optimistic at seeing the best player in the league looking trim and kicking a ball about - God knows we've missed him!

I'm not here to start arguments with fellow City supporters. McLeish, who plays week in, week out, has scored 5 goals inc yesterday, whilst McHardy has 3 and Bronsky 2 and both with probably less game time. My argument is that we keep pumping high balls up front to a wee guy who can't hold it up against more physically bigger players. I'm definitely not questioning his commitment.

On 28 January 2018 at 11:50, Auld Git said:

Got to laugh at the expectations of fans on here on league 2 football

What expectations? The fact that the current league 2 player of the year would be an improvement on a lacklustre forward line!? Sutherland may well be a few weeks away from playing but I think he'll plays several games this season - want to bet that he doesn't end up Elgin's top scorer!?

Maybe whisky fuelled optimism but soapy is top scorer with 8 at the moment! If Sutherland gets 10 games I really don't think it's that deluded! Anyway, I have no real enthusiasm for arguing with fellow city fans. Everyone has their opinion which they are perfectly entitled to. Let's just hope whoever plays keeps the positive results coming!

Archived