Elgin v Stenny

Good performance all round from Elgin, ironically McLeish imo our poorest player scored.  Allan as previously said in other forums, has been a revelation as LB. Get him signed for next season.For a team sitting 3rd in the league, Stenny were poor and I don't think I've seen  a team caught offside so many times in one match.

Good performance all round from Elgin, ironically McLeish imo our poorest player scored.  Allan as previously said in other forums, has been a revelation as LB. Get him signed for next season.For a team sitting 3rd in the league, Stenny were poor and I don't think I've seen  a team caught offside so many times in one match.

Our poorest player today or in squad you mean?

Pretty decent performance. Conditions were horrendous in spells but we dealt with them well Smith took a goal kick for Stenny in the second half which blew back and nearly went out for a corner, reminding of that awful cup game at the Broch about 6 years ago where Zander Clark did similar.

Stenny were poor and as mentioned I've never seen so many offsides. We never really looked like conceding and other than a few scary moments between about 55 and 65 didn't threaten at all. The new goalie looked good, McGovern got stuck right in and Allan was excellent. At times some of the one-twos were reminiscient of last season but too many times (Reilly mainly) we should've hit it earlier.

Hopefully December was just a blip and our improved run gives us some confidence to make the play offs.

The match was literally a copy of the previous game at Elgin. Same scoreline, same performance. 

Something needs to change for Stenny, we haven't strengthened at all during the window but we lost one of our better players in Harry Paton.

Suprisingly comfortable and well deserved win I thought. One of those rare games where everyone  played well.  Stenny just didn't get going and it's been a while since we've passed the ball around a team as comfortably as today.  Jordan Allen was excellent again, to the point where even the usual ludicrous MOTM hospitality decision was unable to give it to anyone else.

Ref was a bit over zealous I thought. Given the amount of cards produced you'd think the teams kicked the crap out of each other for 90 mins! Not 100% positive about the penalty either as any contact looked like it was just outside the box from where I was.

Cherry on the top today was seeing the answer to Elgin's forward problems kicking a ball around at half time. He may well come back into a team with genuine playoff ambitions if we keep playing like that!

Suprisingly comfortable and well deserved win I thought. One of those rare games where everyone  played well.  Stenny just didn't get going and it's been a while since we've passed the ball around a team as comfortably as today.  Jordan Allen was excellent again, to the point where even the usual ludicrous MOTM hospitality decision was unable to give it to anyone else.
Ref was a bit over zealous I thought. Given the amount of cards produced you'd think the teams kicked the crap out of each other for 90 mins! Not 100% positive about the penalty either as any contact looked like it was just outside the box from where I was.
Cherry on the top today was seeing the answer to Elgin's forward problems kicking a ball around at half time. He may well come back into a team with genuine playoff ambitions if we keep playing like that!

Well I hope all the Elgin supporters on here are not thinking SS is going to start off the way he finished before his injury ( it sure sounds like you are) if you are you need to get in the real world .

Agree with you AG, WHEN Shane's back he will lead the line, but that's not going to be for probably another month at the earliest. In answer to your earlier question to me, I'd go with Byrne as he looks a more physical presence or give Ferguson a run. If we insist in pumping balls up to small front men,why not try McHardy (who started off up front) or Bronsky.  Both would have a presence  we lack. Just my view.

McLeish scored. I like his attitude. 100% given every time he plays. He was a great foil for Shane last season, and should be again. The manager must be seeing something that puts him off playing Ferguson as he hardly gets a look in, wouldn’t have McHardy in the side, far less as striker. He needs to improve his game and gain some maturity.

Archived