Goons v The Loons

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wind had a big part to play and the ref even more. Two flacid (worse than soft) penalties and the whistle stuck in in his thrapple.

Liked the way Dingwall got stuck in in midfield (i.e. we had one today for most of the game) and Baino put in another good shift, as did the whole back 4 really.  

Peters still not at the races for me. And Dylan needs to realize he doesn't always have to (try to) beat at least one player before passing the ball.

A glimmer of hope for the rest of the season, but we still need a striker that can control the ball and bring others into the game.

A game we should never have lost  but this team has a knack of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Forfar keeper made a couple of great saves then we hit the post. Our old failings with cross balls costs us a point in the end. If we don’t get a commanding centre half in before Wednesday I fear for our chances of staying in this league. We are an utter bomb scare in central defence and don’t have any leaders on the pitch or sidelines. Darren Young has a lot to do to win me over as each passing week the sa,e failings rear there ugly head.Any decent coach would have either coached the mistakes out the team or put the players on the sidelines making the mistakes. A lot of passengers in that team today who just look like they are going through the motions. 

49 minutes ago, DonnellyStirratMorrison said:

The worst game of football between the worst 2 teams I have seen in a long time. Both are real relegation candidates on this showing.

Forfar have been relegation candidates almost from the moment we gubbed Peterhead in the play-offs, add in the clueless Bollan and a horrendous run of injuries and players chucking it, we're used to being relegation candidates,  the fact we've now almost dragged a couple of other teams into the mix makes things a little more interesting. Get a result against Airdrie next week and they'll be in it too. 

Just now, DonnellyStirratMorrison said:

The worst game of football between the worst 2 teams I have seen in a long time. Both are real relegation candidates on this showing.

Difficult in those conditions and with an utterly brainless ref thrown in. 

Easton was superb, yes there were a couple of occasions he could have passed sooner but he's brilliant to watch and without him we'd be  knackered for creativity.

It wasn't a classic for sure.

Wind played a factor in the game.  EF unlucky first half when they hit the post and once again our Goalie pulls off amazing reaction saves in the second half to keep us in the game. 

We did try to play the ball and McNaughton harried and played some clever passes.  I like the way he contributes to our team.

I don't know who it was aimed at,  but loved the Jim Weir shout " Lazy b*****d " :lol:

Maybe  just maybe there is enough to keep us up. 

Forfar have been relegation candidates almost from the moment we gubbed Peterhead in the play-offs, add in the clueless Bollan and a horrendous run of injuries and players chucking it, we're used to being relegation candidates,  the fact we've now almost dragged a couple of other teams into the mix makes things a little more interesting. Get a result against Airdrie next week and they'll be in it too. 
I think we have been in relegation area for some time now. Forfar have done well to claw back the gap

Archived