Goons v The Loons

The weather surely had something to do with both teams inability to keep the ball on the park today, not a great advert for the game.

I thought we were the better team until our penalty then EF remembered to pass the ball about and came more into it.

Dylan is head and shoulders above most, in a day made for hoofball he was a joy to watch. The EF player with the bun was very good too as was the number 19.

Pass marks for all today, special mention to McNaughton who seemed to be in the right place most of the game and Matty for his goal.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, broon-loon said:

It wasn't a classic for sure.

Wind played a factor in the game.  EF unlucky first half when they hit the post and once again our Goalie pulls off amazing reaction saves in the second half to keep us in the game. 

We did try to play the ball and McNaughton harried and played some clever passes.  I like the way he contributes to our team.

I don't know who it was aimed at,  but loved the Jim Weir shout " Lazy b*****d " :lol:

Maybe  just maybe there is enough to keep us up. 

I think the shout was lazy b*****ds.

The back 4 were too slow getting up to the halfway line.

12 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

The weather surely had something to do with both teams inability to keep the ball on the park today, not a great advert for the game.

I thought we were the better team until our penalty then EF remembered to pass the ball about and came more into it.

Dylan is head and shoulders above most, in a day made for hoofball he was a joy to watch. The EF player with the bun was very good too as was the number 19.

Pass marks for all today, special mention to McNaughton who seemed to be in the right place most of the game and Matty for his goal.

Agree with most of that but thought Lamont (the guy with the bun) should have been hooked at half time. Forfar sussed him out pretty quick and he struggled throughout the game. On his day he's a fine player but yesterday wasn't one of them. You can tell within the first 15 mins of a game if he's going to be effective. 

Forfar edged it and no denying them the win. A terrible game of football between 2 poor sides.

Archived