IainMorton

(Mor)Ton vs (Dumbar)Ton - 10/2/18

Our best spell of play in their half leads to jimmy hitting a crap corner at knee height into the box.

It's really been well deserved today, we've been quite good and should be winning by more. We've survived a couple of wee spells of Dumbarton pressure without them really threatening to score.

Can't be anything other than very very happy with the performance and result. 

Would have been better off watching that on twitter. 

Final ball, among other things, just wasn't there today and the ongoing selection problems continue to show.

We'll beat TNS next week though.

Best of luck to Morton in the QF.

Edited by Consolidate

Morton, Aberdeen/Dundee Utd, Ayr/sevco, cellic, Falkirk, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Motherwell.

Anyone but Falkirk away from home.

Good win, look comfortable enough throughout. Dumbarton play anything like that against TNS and we’ll have a “Welsh” team in a cup final. Sort it out lads.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm glad someone is confident.

Based on recent showings we'll be lucky to get a shot on target nevermind win it.

Somewhat blind optimism at this point...

Weren't as good in the second 45 but remained completely comfortable and still caused serious problems. Thought the first 45 was excellent. Ross continues to look tremendous.

Great display and score. The Duffman seems to have found the winning formula. Long may it continue!

Morton into the quarters and a nice little earner for me on the correct score. WIN-WIN!

A lot easier than I was expecting TBH. Was expecting more from Dumbarton and I’m surprised at how poor they were. Some great performances today from Morton players. Ross, Tidser and Harkins were excellent and Tiffoney worked hard up front. Oliver is a class player but can be very frustrating.

Bring on the draw :D