(Mor)Ton vs (Dumbar)Ton - 10/2/18

IainMorton

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

I think DW will have to come into defence ...cant see anyone else.Hutton maybe????doubt it.What about an emergency loan utility man.???tom lang???or would he be cup tied too.

I thought I'd heard it all... Tom Lang on an emergency loan is one of the worst suggestions I have heard all season. 

The guy couldn't get near the Stranraer first team and was punted to the league below. So has played for 2 teams and still hasn't proven to anyone he is actually a half decent player.

Not sure where all the Lang hype ever came from.

9 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I thought I'd heard it all... Tom Lang on an emergency loan is one of the worst suggestions I have heard all season. 

The guy couldn't get near the Stranraer first team and was punted to the league below. So has played for 2 teams and still hasn't proven to anyone he is actually a half decent player.

Not sure where all the Lang hype ever came from.

Didnt think he was all that bad TBH.Plus given our budget constraints its about all we could afford.Happy with AW though.Glad you have now heard it all.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
28 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:
Didnt think he was all that bad TBH.Plus given our budget constraints its about all we could afford.Happy with AW though.Glad you have now heard it all.

I always thought Lang was most comfortable when the ball was stationary.

....i thought he looked  more comfortable sitting in the stand than on the bench TBF.

28 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Fortunately our budget has stretched further than TL. I'm just shocked that after the Stranraer fans telling us he was awful and couldn't get in their team, then him having to drop down to the bottom league in order to get game time that anyone thinks he would be worth a chance more than playing one of our current squad out of position.

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

Fortunately our budget has stretched further than TL. I'm just shocked that after the Stranraer fans telling us he was awful and couldn't get in their team, then him having to drop down to the bottom league in order to get game time that anyone thinks he would be worth a chance more than playing one of our current squad out of position.

The same could be said of Nade but he hasnt been a complete failure.Some players seem to do well at certain clubs and SA has a knack of getting the best out of a lot of players.There are exceptions and CJ would be a good example of one.Its just obvious we are really short of numbers and we needed someone in to plug the LB gap or give cover in defence.Important ,nae vital games coming up and we could do without having to play players well out of position.

Would i be right in saying that AW will be cup tied for the TNS game???

3 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

The same could be said of Nade but he hasnt been a complete failure.Some players seem to do well at certain clubs and SA has a knack of getting the best out of a lot of players.There are exceptions and CJ would be a good example of one.Its just obvious we are really short of numbers and we needed someone in to plug the LB gap or give cover in defence.Important ,nae vital games coming up and we could do without having to play players well out of position.

Would i be right in saying that AW will be cup tied for the TNS game???

The main difference with Nade is that he had played at a higher level and had at least some sort of playing career to back him up. Lang hadn't played senior football before he joined us. He also contributed way more in the last 6 months of last season that TL. 

I'm not sure on AW at all, but he may have played against us earlier in the competition? 

The main difference with Nade is that he had played at a higher level and had at least some sort of playing career to back him up. Lang hadn't played senior football before he joined us. He also contributed way more in the last 6 months of last season that TL. 
I'm not sure on AW at all, but he may have played against us earlier in the competition? 

He did, aye. Conceded a penalty after a minute too. I’d like to hope that Wardrop might be back by then though - although LB will still be an issue.

Lang will come good and have a decent career imo. He just needs a club willing to give him game time, and a manager confident playing out from the back. Danny Lennon should be the perfect fit - and by all accounts he’s been excellent at RB for Clyde.

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

He did, aye. Conceded a penalty after a minute too. I’d like to hope that Wardrop might be back by then though - although LB will still be an issue.

Lang will come good and have a decent career imo. He just needs a club willing to give him game time, and a manager confident playing out from the back. Danny Lennon should be the perfect fit - and by all accounts he’s been excellent at RB for Clyde.

Ahh, thought that might be the case. Didn't realise the penalty thing though. I don't doubt Lang with have a career in football. But it is more than likely going to be a part time career in the bottom 2 professional leagues in the country.

Just now, squeezeboxson said:

Ahh, thought that might be the case. Didn't realise the penalty thing though. I don't doubt Lang with have a career in football. But it is more than likely going to be a part time career in the bottom 2 professional leagues in the country.

To be fair I wouldn't expect anyone to remember anything given we almost all boycotted it! It just happened I remembered it because of the Helensburgh link.

I might be wrong (heck, I didn't see Ross McCrorie going on to be a star, but fair play to him, he really has and, but for an injury, would be on the brink of the Scotland squad) but I reckon Lang will be back in the Championship at some stage in the not too distant future.

Apologies to Tom in advance for absolutely scuppering his career.

Archived