(Mor)Ton vs (Dumbar)Ton - 10/2/18

IainMorton

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/5/2018 at 07:13, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It is when you're in the semi-final. I've no idea of official numbers going to TNS, but I'd guess it'll be in excess of 200. People that is, not bus loads.

You seriously think the TNS game is a bigger one? You'd rather win that than get to the Scottish Cup quarter final?

Just now, Nowhereman said:

You seriously think the TNS game is a bigger one? You'd rather win that than get to the Scottish Cup quarter final?

Quarter-final place or final place? It might be the most diddy of diddy cups, but the opportunity to see us play in a national final isn't one that comes round very often.

19 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I think a couple of seasons ago, I'd have maybe seen a Challenge Cup semi as the priority. But since it's now even a bigger diddy cup than it was then, I genuinely wouldn't even prioritise the final.

This. Although if I had to choose over a trip across the river to Dumbarton, or a weekend away to see my team play in Wales - I know which one I’d pick.

Aye the challenge cup is much bigger than the Scottish cup [emoji23] How many bus loads are going to the challenge cup tie [emoji1338]‍♀️

I don't think we can sneer at anyones travelling support these days.

3 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

Just checking that morton have plans to protect the pitch before the game...weather forecast looks quite wet and snowy between now and saturday.

One thing we have been very good at in recent years is making sure games go ahead. 

Can only think of one game being postponed and that was because of the conditions outside the stadium rather than the pitch itself.

Pitch will be fine I'm sure.

6 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

Just checking that morton have plans to protect the pitch before the game...weather forecast looks quite wet and snowy between now and saturday.

We're a professional football club whose staff actually know how to deal with some rain in west-central Scotland, and so the game will be absolutely fine. 

Archived