Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I wish people would realise that changing the manager is pretty irrelevant. We just simply don’t have the quality of player anymore.

The best we can hope for is glorious failure disguised behind a media savvy charlatan.

Invest everything in youth and find a system and style that teams can’t handle. Not something defensive and boring. I believe the young players can be found and brought on. We have a decent record up to full squad then it goes to pot.

Qualifying for finals should not be the aim anymore. Let’s get a good youth setup and the rest should follow.

So you rather see us play shit under a failed manager!!? 

But I do get your point regarding stability hence why Strachan should not have been sacked, I'm fairly certain that he'd have got us to the Euros instead of this dud who's buggering it up.  That's mainly why we want him sacked, this group should have been a walk over yet a failure is messing it up, no wonder he's not managed since Notts Forest sacked him. 

I don’t even watch Scotland anymore really. I just can’t stand the inevitable failure after hope.

Isnt it funny that England get as far as they have with a manager that was successful at youth level with them?

We need to forget about the first team for a while. 

We simply need to go foreign. The best managers managing in Scotland right now are Neil Lennon and Craig Levein. Lennon wouldn't unite the country and Levein was a disaster last time.

If it's not foreign, the only options I could see would be Steve Clarke or Jack Ross.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

We simply need to go foreign. The best managers managing in Scotland right now are Neil Lennon and Craig Levein. Lennon wouldn't unite the country and Levein was a disaster last time.

If it's not foreign, the only options I could see would be Steve Clarke or Jack Ross.

Why Jack Ross may I ask :O?  Not criticising your opinion but just wondering, is it because he said he wants the job in the future or because he got St Mirren promoted and is currently doing well at Sunderland? 

54 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I wish people would realise that changing the manager is pretty irrelevant. We just simply don’t have the quality of player anymore.

The best we can hope for is glorious failure disguised behind a media savvy charlatan.

Invest everything in youth and find a system and style that teams can’t handle. Not something defensive and boring. I believe the young players can be found and brought on. We have a decent record up to full squad then it goes to pot.

Qualifying for finals should not be the aim anymore. Let’s get a good youth setup and the rest should follow.

What a load of fucking shite.

Iceland, Northern Ireland, Albania and Hungary have all qualified for tournaments in the past 2 years. Their “quality of player” is no better and arguably worse than ours.

Just now, Caley Shaun said:

Why Jack Ross may I ask :O?  Not criticising your opinion but just wondering, is it because he said he wants the job in the future or because he got St Mirren promoted and is currently doing well at Sunderland? 

A mix of both really. He's one of a very few selections that hasn't put  foot wrong in his career so far. It'd be too big a risk for me personally but that's why I favour the foreign route.

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

What a load of fucking shite.

Iceland, Northern Ireland, Albania and Hungary have all qualified for tournaments in the past 2 years. Their “quality of player” is no better and arguably worse than ours.

They have better players than us. It really is that bad.

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

They have better players than us. It really is that bad.

A side that relies on Josh Magennis and Kyle Lafferty do not have better players than us. Their centre backs are better and that’s about it.

So what invisible world class players do we have then?

Albania have guys at Napoli and Lazio.

We are not even a second tier side anymore. Not one player that would make England’s bench. The last time we qualified for a tournament we had some very handy players that would walk into their side. 

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, Berti Vogts was a roaring success right enough eh?

1 hour ago, Caley Shaun said:

who would have final say, would that be Ian Maxwell or Allan McRae? 

Officially it would be the SFA Board comprising Maxwell, McRae, Petrie, Doncaster, Mulraney of Alloa, the Amateur FA secretary and someone called Ana Stewart.

However last time the recruitment was delegated to a sub-group, IIRC, who presumably took a recommendation of McLeish back to the full group.

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

Aye, Berti Vogts was a roaring success right enough eh?

Berti Vogts who got us to a playoff, aye?

How much of a roaring success have each succeeding Scot been?

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

A side that relies on Josh Magennis and Kyle Lafferty do not have better players than us. Their centre backs are better and that’s about it.

They are better because they are doing better than us.

How many so called second rate sides have beaten us?

We are shite.

Archived