Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really does say it all that a guy who has been ruled out twice now by the head of the SFA and has some reasonably heavy racist baggage with him is still worrying the entire football supporting population of Scotland that he might end up with the job.

There would be plenty of anger if that were to happen, but very little shock. That's the shambles we have come to accept.

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It really does say it all that a guy who has been ruled out twice now by the head of the SFA and has some reasonably heavy racist baggage with him is still worrying the entire football supporting population of Scotland that he might end up with the job.

There would be plenty of anger if that were to happen, but very little shock. That's the shambles we have come to accept.

If he's appointed then I'm interested to see our attendances for games where we're already charging ridiculous prices. Doubt it'll matter to a lot of the roasters though.  You'll no doubt get some apologists who'll be out banging on about PC culture and how "we all make mistakes..."

5 minutes ago, rw89 said:

If he's appointed then I'm interested to see our attendances for games where we're already charging ridiculous prices. Doubt it'll matter to a lot of the roasters though.  You'll no doubt get some apologists who'll be out banging on about PC culture and how "we all make mistakes..."

I wouldn't want Mackay as manager purely because he's not a very good manager, and far from the best option.  I don't agree with what he said to any level, but I don't think it's being an "apologist" or "banging on about PC culture" to think that he deserves the chance to continue his career.  If he ends up being a good performance director and brings through youth that make us better, then great.  If he doesn't, then he should be punted.  But because of his performance, not because of some incredibly stupid things he said.

Out of interest, what were your views on MON?  Convicted of drink driving, which in my opinion is a far more serious crime (and an actual crime) than anything Mackay did.  Didn't see anywhere near the backlash to him.  Probably because he would have been a better manager, which is fair enough, as it's really the first - and possibly only - criteria we look at.

As well as proving hopeless in the role, our last two managers have also been dicks.
I think it's very hard to be a successful manager and not be a bit of a dick.

In many ways Alex Ferguson is a dick, and I reckon pep can be a bit of a c**t as well.

I'd be happy enough going for a pint with both Strachan and levein. In the former's case, I fully believe his dickishness was an act that he felt he had to put on to cope with the media.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

In many ways Alex Ferguson is a dick, and I reckon pep can be a bit of a c**t as well.

I'd be happy enough going for a pint with both Strachan and levein. In the former's case, I fully believe his dickishness was an act that he felt he had to put on to cope with the media.

Strachan maybe, but f**k going out with Levein.  Wouldn't even pull anyone decent either, he doesn't like anything up front AMIRITELOLOLOLBANTZ!

But seriously though, he'd be fucking dour.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Totally agree, it's also a reaction to the pressure they are under.  You could see that very clearly with levein and Strachan, neither of whom coped very well imo.

Imagine being Scotland manager, every single decision you make is questioned and pored over by hundreds of thousands of people.  It's got to be way more stressful than managing hearts.

Strachan maybe, but f**k going out with Levein.  Wouldn't even pull anyone decent either, he doesn't like anything up front AMIRITELOLOLOLBANTZ!
But seriously though, he'd be fucking dour.

He must have some personality, hidden behind that serial killer exterior.

32 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Alex Ferguson is a total dick.

A truly horrible individual.  No argument there.

And just switched over to Talksport with Talk sport Scotland on - Sally and McGhee and some moronic fans saying Strachan shouldn't have gone.

What is it with these fucking arseholes?

The longer this saga drags on the more I wish we had just kept Strachan.

I know he had two failed campaigns and a few errors in there but the team were playing the best stuff for ten years, and there's no doubt the players were behind him.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

The longer this saga drags on the more I wish we had just kept Strachan.

I know he had two failed campaigns and a few errors in there but the team were playing the best stuff for ten years, and there's no doubt the players were behind him.

Christ, don't start this again.

The only worse thing than the current farce is what preceded it.

To have given that wee tosser a third full campaign would have been utterly bonkers.  In truth, giving him more than one was senseless.

I don't mean this in a jokey/derogatory way at all,  but the last few times I've seen McLeish he has genuinely come across like he's 'losing it'. Clearly, I'm not a doctor, but I don't think he looks fit for that level of football management again. His last few jobs would back this up. He did well 11 years ago with the best squad of players we've had in the last 20 years, but still managed to mess up qualification by losing to an under strength Georgian team.

The Chick Young types in the media will do their best to talk him up, it's all so predictable. I'm surprised he's not touted Walter yet.

Christ, don't start this again.
The only worse thing than the current farce is what preceded it.
To have given that wee tosser a third full campaign would have been utterly bonkers.  In truth, giving him more than one was senseless.

It appears that your hatred of him has clouded your judgment on the issue.

And just switched over to Talksport with Talk sport Scotland on - Sally and McGhee and some moronic fans saying Strachan shouldn't have gone.

What is it with these fucking arseholes?

He shouldn’t have gone unbeaten in 2017 momentum on our side and the players behind him. Plus it’s obvious now that the manager we appoint isn’t going to be as good.

Archived