Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, edinabear said:

Some utter moon howlers on here. Mcleish has a better cv than Michael O'Neill who many were cleaning themselves over. He's managed at the highest level, won countless trophies and will bring a lot of passion and experience to the job

Who cares that he 'walked out' on his country. You would have to be mental to turn down an English Premiership job.

I suspect the main reason is that he is an ex Rangers man, which nowadays apparently you just can't be.

It has f**k all  to do with Rangers - it's the fact that he's done f**k all as a manager since walking out.

3 hours ago, kenny131 said:

So after all this time they appoint a fucking drunkard who can barely string a sentence together

3 hours ago, kenny131 said:

.ah forget it fact is mcliesh is a fucking drunk these days 

2 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Got to agree last few times on the telly he can barely string a sentence together he's got all the signs he's hammering the booze absolute gibbering wreck f**k knows how he past the interview 

the thought of a steaming mcliesh writing names on a fag packet doon the boozer fills me with dread.

Mcliesh getting the call

3oEjI9T0ixjZCFwi8U.gif

17 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Don't think he has an illness more just tanning the bevvy, 

You keep repeating yourself.   A sure sign of someone with an alcohol problem :unsure:

20 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

You keep repeating yourself.   A sure sign of someone with an alcohol problem :unsure:

Fucking hell what sort of obsessed cretin are you trolling all my posts hahaha.  Yes I think he's a piss head you don't I get it.

3 hours ago, edinabear said:

Some utter moon howlers on here. Mcleish has a better cv than Michael O'Neill who many were cleaning themselves over. He's managed at the highest level, won countless trophies and will bring a lot of passion and experience to the job

Rangers fan struggles to count past nine.

I'd love to be proved wrong but I think that's the worst appointment we could have made if you're simply balancing up how good they are as a manager, since being relegated with Birmingham in 2011(who spent an absolute shit ton that year?) he's been a failure everywhere, his last good season was 8 years ago, we've appointed a manager who's not been a success in nearly a decade, has failed in the 4 jobs since, and who walked out on Scotland last time he was in charge (and was a failure last time anyway). 

What is the point? I would genuinely have rather had McKay, for all that he seems an absolutely despicable person he's got a better management record. O'Neil is similarly a bit of a c**t and people would have had no dramas with him. 

I would have absolutely loved Clarke or Ross, Clarke with Ross as his assistant would've been ideal. 

So then, realistically, who did you want to take the job who had better credentials than Alex McLeish and was available just now?

Laurent Blanc peter bosz Thomas tuchal slaven billic frank de boer Marco silva Paul clement sinisa mihajlovic franseco guidolin roberto di matteo michel preudhomme Alexander nouri juande Ramos Christian goircoff bernd schuster urs fischer felix magath Stuart McCall mark Hughes luis Enrique Marcos gisdol gianfranco zola Ivan juric Pepe mel all available.

Steve Clark was the best option. No disrespect to Kilmarnock it would be a sad day if we couldn’t convince a manager to leave Kilmarnock to be manager of the national team we simply didn’t ask the question.

Those saying he had a good record before - he was manager for a grand total of ten games, one of which was a bad defeat to a rubbish Georgian team, one an injury-time win over them and one a late win over Lithuania; he followed almost exactly the template worked out by Walter Smith; and he had much, much better players at his disposal.

He walked out on Scotland mid-contract, got relegated with Birmingham, took them back up and had a short successful spell, got them relegated again and immediately walked out to join their biggest rival.

He was shite at Aston Villa and was sacked after a season. He was shite at Notts Forest and was sacked after 7 games. He missed the Championship play-offs with Genk and left after a season. He managed 10 games with Zamalek in Egypt. 

And let's not forget that he had the advantage of being the manager of Rangers at a time they could overpay wages because they were dodging tax.

If you can't think of a better candidate for Scotland manager, you're following the wrong sport.

Archived