Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DAVIDB69 said:

He hasn’t done anything in football for 7 years though

So then, realistically, who did you want to take the job who had better credentials than Alex McLeish and was available just now?

6 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Isn't it Michael O'Neill that's rumours to have a drink problem?

O'Neill was drink driving. That's different from having a drink problem (arguably more dangerous though), but apparently McLeish has been a steaming fool in recent interviews.

O'Neill was drink driving. That's different from having a drink problem (arguably more dangerous though), but apparently McLeish has been a steaming fool in recent interviews.

I think you'll find there have been strong rumours circulating for some time suggesting he had/has a problem

You just made me listen to Ian Wright for 8.5 minutes, you jobby!

... seriously tho, I don't see anything wrong with his performance there. He looks a lot older and seemed a wee bit anxious/unsure of himself but that's maybe understandable given he's out of work and obviously not happy about it/lost a bit of confidence. He didn't seem steaming or anything like that.

McLeish looks fine there, but he's sitting opposite Ian Wright TBF. Oliver Reed would seem like a beacon of common sense and rationality.

He looked worryingly ill last time I saw him on the telly, struggling for words and repeating himself. That was a while back, but I've seen folk on here referring similarly to some of his appearances since. Hopefully he just had a bit of ill health that was cleared up with exposure to Kelly Dalglish.

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Reminder that the last time Alex McLeish did absolutely anything positive of note as a football manager, Crazy Frog was still a thing.

You mean crazy frog is no longer a thing?

Anyway I'll give McLeish the benefit of the doubt.

9 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

McLeish looks fine there, but he's sitting opposite Ian Wright TBF. Oliver Reed would seem like a beacon of common sense and rationality.

He looked worryingly ill last time I saw him on the telly, struggling for words and repeating himself. That was a while back, but I've seen folk on here referring similarly to some of his appearances since. Hopefully he just had a bit of ill health that was cleared up with exposure to Kelly Dalglish.

Don't think he has an illness more just tanning the bevvy, maybe was in a bit of depression being out of work. I commend the SFA for giving him a 2.5 year contract to get sober.

Archived