Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

Some utter moon howlers on here. Mcleish has a better cv than Michael O'Neill who many were cleaning themselves over. He's managed at the highest level, won countless trophies and will bring a lot of passion and experience to the job
Who cares that he 'walked out' on his country. You would have to be mental to turn down an English Premiership job.
I suspect the main reason is that he is an ex Rangers man, which nowadays apparently you just can't be.
Had most of his playing success with Aberdeen

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow he won a cup tie he's basically guardipla.  McLeish took rangers to knock out stages of the champions league.  O Neill s team finished that group with 0 points and -19 goal difference btw.  That's worse than 3-0 every game.

Have you seen/heard the man recently though? I hope I'm wrong but it really does look like there's something wrong with him.

When was his last success? That was a genuine question. Birmingham? It certainly seems a long time ago.

I'm not against an old guy being in charge but he seriously doesn't sound well.

As I said, I hope I'm wrong but this looks like a dreadful appointment.

7 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Wow he won a cup tie he's basically guardipla.  McLeish took rangers to knock out stages of the champions league.  O Neill s team finished that group with 0 points and -19 goal difference btw.  That's worse than 3-0 every game.

Yes but getting them to the group stage will be the only time in history a team roi will get there. Put it into context how many teams in scotland........ah forget it fact is mcliesh is a fucking drunk these days absolute state he's in but I guess they would be able to pay him peanuts

6 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Some utter moon howlers on here. Mcleish has a better cv than Michael O'Neill who many were cleaning themselves over. He's managed at the highest level, won countless trophies and will bring a lot of passion and experience to the job

Who cares that he 'walked out' on his country. You would have to be mental to turn down an English Premiership job.

I suspect the main reason is that he is an ex Rangers man, which nowadays apparently you just can't be.

Correct. Cheating scumbags.

They shamed the nation and anyone associated with them should be blacklisted.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Have you seen/heard the man recently though? I hope I'm wrong but it really does look like there's something wrong with him.

When was his last success? That was a genuine question. Birmingham? It certainly seems a long time ago.

Got to agree last few times on the telly he can barely string a sentence together he's got all the signs he's hammering the booze absolute gibbering wreck f**k knows how he past the interview 

Just now, kenny131 said:

Got to agree last few times on the telly he can barely string a sentence together he's got all the signs he's hammering the booze absolute gibbering wreck f**k knows how he past the interview 

Are we certain there was an interview?

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

His last success, swiftly followed 3 months later by him getting them relegated. People (the media) seem to be totally forgetting this when they are talking up his time at Birmingham.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I don't think he's a good appointment I'm just saying he's obviously much better qualified than a guy most were crowing about a month ago

2 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I don't think he's a good appointment I'm just saying he's obviously much better qualified than a guy most were crowing about a month ago

Your dribbling pish MO has a much better international record simple as that 

3 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Yes but we're talking about football, McLeish has a football record that puts him on a different planet to O'Neill

Your deluded took ni to knock out stages of euros and then lost in a play off to a dodgy penalty for the WC. It's international management not club. There is no comparison 

Wish him all the best etc etc, but surely even  he thought he had no chance. 

It's an appalling choice. Is there any other serious reasoning behind this appointment other than he once managed an old firm team? 

Will be fascinating to see the crowd at his first game – and what sort of squad bothers to pitch up for the friendlies.

Archived