Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

10 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

What are people basing their assessments of McLeish's issues on? I know his demeanour on telly/the radio has changed slightly and he talks a bit different, but he's not exactly a spring chicken. Is there some sort of well publicised alcoholism I've missed?

It’s  just conjecture on a Scottish football sub-forum, the best kind of evidence there is, the jakeball c**t

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Why not give Hughes the gig.

If the SFA aren't going to at least consider more progressive candidates like, Clarke, Innes or even Neil then if they are determined to have a Scottish manager then Hughes is inching himself nearer the top of the list. I'm personally not in favour, but at least he's honest, wholehearted and passionate about the job.

The potential of McLeish (version 2) fills me with dread for various reasons, and if the SFA think he's the answer then what was the fecking question?  In the spirit of McLeish's (and Hughes for that matter) touting himself for the gig (compare that to Clarke's dignity), there's a greenie on offer to anyone willing to prostitute themselves with the best answer to the above question.

1 hour ago, The Spider said:

The potential of McLeish (version 2) fills me with dread for various reasons, and if the SFA think he's the answer then what was the fecking question?

The question is the well known pub quiz question "who was the ginger fud to went on an SFA sponsored trip to the 2010 World Cup draw and then decided to come back to Scotland via Birmingham?

The more I think about it, we should just do what Sevco (spit!) did.

Manager gets sacked or leaves (Pedro, WGS)

Appoint an interim manager (GM, MM)

Things drag on and eventually first choice for job tells them to get stuffed (DM, MON)

No one else is really 'up to scratch'

Continue with interim manager (GM, MM). This is where we are now!

Why not wait until the summer, someone else will be available, get sacked from a club, be out of contract etc?

On that basis GM still has the Sevco gig until the summer, so why not persevere with Malky (although he is a racist bigot) until someone else is available. It can't be hard to get a team out for Costa Coffee and Hungry Horse, and the two gigs in the Americas in May/June. Still time before the competitive matches in Sept/Oct/Nov.

Although Malky has issues, it doesn't make him a bad football manager. Leaving him in post is better than appointing Big Eck out of panic. If Leanne get Whoever gets the Exec job, maybe he/she will have more influence on who gets it?

24 minutes ago, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

The more I think about it, we should just do what Sevco (spit!) did.

Manager gets sacked or leaves (Pedro, WGS)

Appoint an interim manager (GM, MM)

Things drag on and eventually first choice for job tells them to get stuffed (DM, MON)

No one else is really 'up to scratch'

Continue with interim manager (GM, MM). This is where we are now!

Why not wait until the summer, someone else will be available, get sacked from a club, be out of contract etc?

On that basis GM still has the Sevco gig until the summer, so why not persevere with Malky (although he is a racist bigot) until someone else is available. It can't be hard to get a team out for Costa Coffee and Hungry Horse, and the two gigs in the Americas in May/June. Still time before the competitive matches in Sept/Oct/Nov.

Although Malky has issues, it doesn't make him a bad football manager. Leaving him in post is better than appointing Big Eck out of panic. If Leanne get the Exec job, maybe she will have more influence on who gets it?

Irony lost?

25 minutes ago, derbydan said:

John Hughes is more entitled to a crack at the job than those who already had a go and bailed out for club jobs.

Maybe Raith didn't go well but his previous record is ok, also bring a bit of entertainment to the place!

Well, no, not really.  Those who have already had a go and bailed out for club jobs are better managers than John Hughes.  

I also found his club teams to be dull as ditch water - keeper to right back, right back to centre back, centre back to keeper, keeper to right back, thump it long for a wee striker to run on to.

53 minutes ago, derbydan said:

John Hughes is more entitled to a crack at the job than those who already had a go and bailed out for club jobs.

Maybe Raith didn't go well but his previous record is ok, also bring a bit of entertainment to the place!

Shut up, Yogi.

Archived