Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I thought all prize money was cut because of the TV deal being cancelled? It all went to a club vote anyway did it not?

Celtic were allowed to postpone games as we already had commitments/contracts in place. I believe next season because there were no commitments this will no longer be allowed. Who are his pals exactly? 

The distribution of it was also reorganized and second lost twice what first did.  I wonder who that benefitted.  You had contracts in place every year, signing new ones for friendlies after the season started every year for about four years.  I wonder why they would allow something that is detrimental to the other clubs, devalues the league and makes Celtic money hmmmmm tough one. 

Doncaster and Regan had existing personal and professional relationships with lawwell prior to their roles in Scottish football.

Your club are scum mate.  Corrupt to the core.

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Who's reporting this?

"sky sources". There's a board meeting today and the outcome will be McLeish being offered the job over the next few days. 

Anyone got some video of McLeish's recent TV performances? I saw one a few months back in which he looked to be quite ill, and it's been mentioned a fair bit on here that he's got worse since then.

The first eight video matches on Google includes quotes from him begging for work at Rangers, Charlton, Birmingham, and Scotland, since September. I take it the missus has had enough of him fiddling with the thermostat.

19 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

If it doesn't end up as Malky MacKay I'll eat my hat. That's been the plan since before they gave him the PD job.

I'm inclined to agree; I took this article to be someone leaking it out to soften us up to the idea : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42978486

Then again, given that Big Eck is rumoured to be at the very least "holding talks" today, maybe it was a red herring.

i) Publicly say that Malky Mackay is in the running

ii) Outcry since none of the fans are really comfortable with the idea

iii) Offer it to Big Eck (the preferred candidate anyway)

iv) "Ach well, at least he isn't Malky Mackay".

It looks like its going to be one of either Malky Mackay or Alex McLeish, though. garryoconnorblowingouthisarse.jpg

17 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The distribution of it was also reorganized and second lost twice what first did.  I wonder who that benefitted.  You had contracts in place every year, signing new ones for friendlies after the season started every year for about four years.  I wonder why they would allow something that is detrimental to the other clubs, devalues the league and makes Celtic money hmmmmm tough one. 

Doncaster and Regan had existing personal and professional relationships with lawwell prior to their roles in Scottish football.

Your club are scum mate.  Corrupt to the core.

If they ran it so much then surely they would have been able to force an investigation into the **** getting their Euro licence in 2011?

All the clubs should be pushing for that and an investigation into the obvious collusion between the SFA and Rangers/Sevco. It has only been Celtic pushing for it when the whole of Scottish football was cheated. If they ran it as you say then they'd get it.

Walter Smith and "Big Eck" should not have even been considered for their part in the EBT years and of course walking out on Scotland when they were in charge. 

It's funny that Rangers fans think the SFA is ran by Celtic and Celtic fans think that the SFA give Rangers special treatment. Could the answer be that in actual fact the SFA bend over for both of the c***s whilst the rest of us need to listen to their squabbles? Who knows.

Isn't every club allowed to postpone one league fixture a season?  Obviously, most won't (although they should, just for a lie-in one day) and Celtic will always take them up on it to build revenue, but everyone has the facility as far as I'm aware, unless I'm mistaken.

On the Malky Mackay thing, and the doommongers of "this has been the plan all along"...I never understand that.  If the SFA has some overarching plan that they've always wanted Mackay in the job, why haven't they just given him it?  They clearly didn't give enough of a shit about his past to not put him in the role of performance director, or to put him in temporary charge.  Do people really think that they now care about putting him in the job permanently so much that they're willing to play some kind of long-term shell game just to get him in?  That's giving them far more credit than they deserve.  If they wanted Malky in, they'd have given him the job already, simple as that.

Archived