Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

If Malky is appointed, and we qualify for the Euros, would the same people saying they’d not go to games, also not go to the first tournament we’ve qualified for in what would be 22 years?

I have to admit, it would be a real struggle to not go, but then reading the great post above by an86, it would also be very diificult to go with someone like that as the face of our nation. It would be an absolute disgrace really turning up and essentially saying you accept that as the national manager.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If Malky is appointed, and we qualify for the Euros, would the same people saying they’d not go to games, also not go to the first tournament we’ve qualified for in what would be 22 years?

He's a sexist, racist, homophobic anti-Semite - if you aren't boycotting Scotland games in the event that he is put in charge then you are effectively endorsing his views and are probably a sexist, racist, homophobic anti-Semite as well.  Everyone who went to the game in November that he was "manager" for is a disgusting bigot, the SFA for appointing him are showing they have views from the 18th century.

f**k bigotry

f**k Malky

18 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is one of the most frustrating things. We have a real chance of qualifying and these jokers are in the kitchen preparing a shit sandwich for us.

Have they thought even slightly outside of the box? I believe Trapattoni was on a big wedge with Ireland courtesy of Dermot Desmond sticking a few quid in to fund the wages. Have we possibly looked at a potential funder/funders to attract as high a calibre a coach as possible? Of course not. 

Prandelli was rumoured to be interested a while back. He’s jobless. Look at his CV. Why in the name of f**k have we not at least spoken to him? What’s going on just now is bordering on unforgivable.

1 minute ago, an86 said:

This is one of the most frustrating things. We have a real chance of qualifying and these jokers are in the kitchen preparing a shit sandwich for us.

Have they thought even slightly outside of the box? I believe Trapattoni was on a big wedge with Ireland courtesy of Dermot Desmond sticking a few quid in to fund the wages. Have we possibly looked at a potential funder/funders to attract as high a calibre a coach as possible? Of course not. 

Prandelli was rumoured to be interested a while back. He’s jobless. Look at his CV. Why in the name of f**k have we not at least spoken to him? What’s going on just now is bordering on unforgivable.

Basically it's that the SFA don't give a f**k about the Scottish game. Only their blazers.

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

No, because they've just reduced the mebership by a big fiver and also increased the members ticket discount from £3 to a big fiver !!!

Of course, we do have the small issue of having no idea where our home matches are going to be played.............

We know that our home matches for this campaign are going to be played at Hampden.  The lease doesn't expire until 2020.

3 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

No a fan of Malky , Walter shouldn't even be getting a mention , Neil Lennon (enough said) , where do we turn to , I say Steve Clarke deserves a chance if he fancies it 

They’re petrified of being told to f**k off again. That’s why it’ll be easy option stuff. They’d rather save face than go out and get the best person for the job. It’s a disgrace.

18 minutes ago, an86 said:

Prandelli is a devout Catholic.[25] As of 2010, he has been in a relationship with Novella Benini.[26] Prandelli has spoken out against homophobia and racism in football;[27] in 2012, he wrote a preface to a new book on homosexuality in sport by Alessandro Cecchi Paone and Flavio Pagano which stated, "Homophobia is racism and it is indispensable that we make further steps to look after all aspects of individuals living their own lives, including sporting figures, ... In the world of football and of sport in general there is still a taboo around homosexuality. Everyone ought to live freely with themselves, their desires and their sentiments. We must all work for a sporting culture that respects the individual in every manifestation of his truth and freedom. Hopefully soon some players will come out."[28]

Suspect youll find the answer to why prandelli isn't being considered (and why he hasn't been mentioned by a compliant media) in there /\

Can't see him having a great working relationship with malky Mackay.  Sums up the SFA, we're sacrificing the good manager and good guy to save the incompetent bigot and appoint a numpty.  Disgusting doesn't cover it.

Walter Smith would be a dreadful, awful, retrograde appointment. He'd stifle any creativity in the team and pack it full of the usual guys. Younger players would chances limited. Worst of all is that we wouldn't qualify, or indeed come close. I think he might get a couple of decent results and maybe even a big one, but when it came down to it he'd shite it, especially in away games.

He also isn't fond of friendlies so chances are we'd play less of them, decreasing our chances of picking up co-efficient points.

We'd regress under him, or at the very best stagnate. We'd waste a couple of years during which some young players most likely wouldn't feature much at all, stifling their international development.

Brendan Rogers.

I can see the headlines now...

"John Collins says if he's asked, he'll go"

"A dream move for Scotland and for Brendan, says  former Celts & Scotland star Tom Boyd"

"The blazers need to get their cheque books out to get the Scotland the manger it deserves and give Brendan his chance at the big time"

And so on

I don't understand why people wouldn't set foot in hampden under malky but still support Scotland while he is in an important role at the sfa, he should never have been interviewed at the sfa ever again after Cardiff never mind getting a job

Disgrace of a man working at a disgrace of an association

1 minute ago, One John Doyle said:

Gary Caldwell is supposed to be in for the Bradford City job so that could be him out of the running.

I think Gary Caldwell was the only person in this world who considered himself to be "in the running" in the first place.

Every day I get more angry with what I'm hearing and reading. An incompetent, unimaginative, rudderless leadership and a subserviant media who will move heaven and earth to get one of their mates in the Scottish football lads club the job. There's not many of the names on the list who don't have me tearing my hair out, but there's only one that would make me not go to games. Malky Mackay's reemergence into contention for the job is deeply troubling.
Let's remember what this guy actually said;
On the arrival of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung:
'Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.'
On Phil Smith, football agent:
'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'
On a list of transfer targets:
'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.'
On a player's female agent:
'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.'
On an official at another club:
'He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted'
The fact that he was given the performance director job was a big enough disgrace, but If he's appointed as the figurehead of our national team we're sending out a message to ethnic minorities, Jews and young women and the LGBT community that says that our national team is not for them. Our national team must be for everyone and people from every single background should feel comfortable coming to Hampden to support Scotland. That would be utterly impossible under Malky Mackay.  In terms of qualifications and a CV, he may very well be a suitable coach. However, he is most certainly not a suitable man. I love going to games, but the SFA wouldn't get a single penny from me during his tenure.
The SFA cannot, of course, base their decision on the emotions and opinions of football supporters, but they absolutely must at least listen to what they are saying. Ticket sales are going to become more and more difficult as this Thursday night/Sunday afternoon nonsense continues and it's the fans who generate the income. There's a big wide world out there and we don't seem to have managed to widen our net further than a 25 mile radius of Hampden in pursuit of a manager. That, in itself, is utterly damning of an organisation that simply is not fit for purpose.

Oh well. Looks like Frankie Boyle's not getting the job then !! (Joke).

If McKay is appointed, the response from the fan base I would most like to see would be a mass boycott, save for three nominated individuals with the following banners: First, ‘Give Racism the Red Card’; the second a rainbow flag and; the third #EverydaySexism

I've seen a couple of folk mention lately that Malky deserves a chance because he's been through diversity training, or some such. What do these folk think happens on these courses? Is someone really going to hear a lecture on discrimination and think, "wow, it had never occurred to me that I'm an ignorant shitehawk"?

The thing he'll have taken away from it is that he needs to keep his grotty views to himself for the sake of his career. Nothing more.

4 hours ago, an86 said:

Every day I get more angry with what I'm hearing and reading. An incompetent, unimaginative, rudderless leadership and a subserviant media who will move heaven and earth to get one of their mates in the Scottish football lads club the job. There's not many of the names on the list who don't have me tearing my hair out, but there's only one that would make me not go to games. Malky Mackay's reemergence into contention for the job is deeply troubling.

Let's remember what this guy actually said;

On the arrival of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung:

'Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.'

On Phil Smith, football agent:

'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

On a list of transfer targets:

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.'

On a player's female agent:

'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.'

On an official at another club:

'He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted'

The fact that he was given the performance director job was a big enough disgrace, but If he's appointed as the figurehead of our national team we're sending out a message to ethnic minorities, Jews and young women and the LGBT community that says that our national team is not for them. Our national team must be for everyone and people from every single background should feel comfortable coming to Hampden to support Scotland. That would be utterly impossible under Malky Mackay.  In terms of qualifications and a CV, he may very well be a suitable coach. However, he is most certainly not a suitable man. I love going to games, but the SFA wouldn't get a single penny from me during his tenure.

The SFA cannot, of course, base their decision on the emotions and opinions of football supporters, but they absolutely must at least listen to what they are saying. Ticket sales are going to become more and more difficult as this Thursday night/Sunday afternoon nonsense continues and it's the fans who generate the income. There's a big wide world out there and we don't seem to have managed to widen our net further than a 25 mile radius of Hampden in pursuit of a manager. That, in itself, is utterly damning of an organisation that simply is not fit for purpose.

1,277 posts and you finally done a good 'un Annie :rolleyes:

Joking apart, this encompasses what every decent human being should think about this potential appointment, and yes, it's deeply troubling. What concerns me even more, and from a purely selfish perspective, is that were this to happen then I just know that Queen's Park will be falling over themselves to congratulate our latest ex-Spider Scotland manager, following in the footsteps of Roxburgh, Ferguson (part-time) and Bobby Brown.

It will be bad enough being ashamed of your nation for allowing it to happen, but doubly so when your own club's officials ashamedly queue up to fawn praise, purely in the hope of getting another influential voice on board with the "Save Hampden" campaign.

I'm that desperate for Mackay not to be appointed, that I've now suddenly become Smith & Gemmill's greatest fans, and until Manky is absolutely, finally and unequivably ruled out I will be extolling that "Dream Team"s vitues at every opportunity.

Archived