Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are we in serious trouble if he gets it? If it is a choice between him and MacKay then it has to be him. Rather have someone passionate and who clearly cares as opposed to someone using the job for a stepping stone to managing Fleetwood Town

11 minutes ago, troopio said:

Why are we in serious trouble if he gets it? If it is a choice between him and MacKay then it has to be him. Rather have someone passionate and who clearly cares as opposed to someone using the job for a stepping stone to managing Fleetwood Town

We're in serious trouble if it's between him and MacKay.

28 minutes ago, troopio said:

If it's between half a packet of dry roasted peanuts and Mackay, then it has to be the peanuts.   Neither Gary Caldwell or Malky Mackay should even be in contention for the job.

Passion is entirely nebulous.  Competence is the only grounds on which to appoint a manager.

When I first heard of Caldwell's interest, the optimist in me thought he might be a left-field, young, progressive managerial choice. But that soundbite quickly changed my mind as it was all rather cliched. He sounds eager and willing to help though and I'm not going to criticise him for that.

I think there could be some value in having Caldwell as part of the coaching team, even if his main role is to motivate and inspire as a previous captain. From what he said he's willing to take up any role offered.

Passion, more like pishion amiriteguyslol?!

It's a shite argument.  I don't care if our new manager is an absolute charisma vacuum who couldn't place Scotland on a map as long as he gets results.  Why is it always held up as this amazing thing to have passion?  Surely it could also go the other way?  I'd rather have someone able to think coldly and objectively over a situation rather than tearing off his shirt to reveal a saltire pained on his chest, then greeting when his gung ho passion tactics fall apart.

When I first heard of Caldwell's interest, the optimist in me thought he might be a left-field, young, progressive managerial choice. But that soundbite quickly changed my mind as it was all rather cliched. He sounds eager and willing to help though and I'm not going to criticise him for that.
I think there could be some value in having Caldwell as part of the coaching team, even if his main role is to motivate and inspire as a previous captain. From what he said he's willing to take up any role offered.

No no no. Even as the captain of Wigan he couldn't persuade Mccarthy to play for Scotland (glad now he didn't mind). If that's the height of our ambition it's laughable.

Could we maybe, just, not bother? The Belgians got on fine for 541 days without a government, maybe we could do the same without a manager. Get all the players on a whatsapp group, first 11 to respond type of arrangement.

Couldn't be any fucking worse.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

No no no. Even as the captain of Wigan he couldn't persuade Mccarthy to play for Scotland (glad now he didn't mind). If that's the height of our ambition it's laughable.

Why are you glad he didn't?  McCarthy is a quality player who would have got loads of caps for Scotland, though an arsehole.

1 hour ago, Finch road said:

So...

Scot Gemmill
Gary Caldwell
Malcolm (Malky) McKay

Jesus fucking wept

It will be none of the above. Even the SFA are not that daft.

I would like to think I am shorter odds than Caldwell. f**k, the chair I am sitting on is shorter odds than Caldwell. 

We come as a team, just in case Regan and Co are looking in. :)

Archived