Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not convinced that Prandelli will be interested in the money we have to offer, and I'm also not convinced by his ability to manage outside of Italy after a pretty disastrous 3 jobs in 3 years. 

That being said, his record in Italian football puts him well out of our league. So who knows. 

I would be delighted if we got someone like Cesare Prandelli or Marcelo Bielsa. Though the longer this goes on, the more I'm convinced it will be either Billy Davies or Malky Mackay. 

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Don’t know what happened to the last thread. Still a vacancy apparently.

It got a better offer from the Northern Ireland forum and buggered off. 

1 hour ago, Caley Shaun said:

Why are people still saying Malky, he has TWICE been ruled out by Stewart Regan!

And in reply to Richie, doesn't Bielsa have a job in France or am I imagining that :-P?

He left Lille last month. 

Why are people still saying Malky, he has TWICE been ruled out by Stewart Regan!

Because this is the SFA. This would be Classic Scotland.

1 hour ago, Caley Shaun said:

And in reply to Richie, doesn't Bielsa have a job in France or am I imagining that :-P?

Nobody believes a word that Stewart Regan says?

And aye, the chances of the SFA who didn't want to pay enough to get Michael O'Neil are not going to be able to afford Bielsa, Prandelli or anyone else foreign and who has managed a halfway big team in the last decade.

Neil Lennon never seems to even get a mention. Whatever people's personal views about him he got an average Celtic team in knockouts of champ league twice relatively recently. Given we have a core of 5 or so Celtic player all who will have worked with Lennon and probably less likely to pull out of squads if he is the boss. I just find it odd his name is never  mentioned

1 hour ago, grazza said:

Neil Lennon never seems to even get a mention. Whatever people's personal views about him he got an average Celtic team in knockouts of champ league twice relatively recently. Given we have a core of 5 or so Celtic player all who will have worked with Lennon and probably less likely to pull out of squads if he is the boss. I just find it odd his name is never  mentioned

He's a horrible scumbag and I wouldn't support Scotland with him in charge.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Do you honestly care what kind of person he is (with the exception of out and out racism like malky))?

I just want the team winning.

This.  I don't particularly give a shit what kind of character any prospective manager has, within reason.  I just want him to be a good manager who gets results.

Happily though, that already rules out Mackay (who was never a realistic option to start with from any party involved) and Evans.  Only "dick" that stands even a tiny chance would be Neil Lennon, and that's hardly likely either.

Archived