Matchday 22

MichaelJayPark

Matchday 22 is upon us! The full preview will be up on slfl.co.uk tomorrow but in the mean time, what match are you most looking forward to this weekend? It looks like there's a few potentially interesting ones in prospect...

Selkirk vs Edinburgh University
Vale of Leithen vs University of Stirling
Whitehill Welfare vs Cumbernauld Colts
Civil Service Strollers vs Gretna 2008
East Kilbride vs Gala Fairydean Rovers
East Stirlingshire vs Dalbeattie Star
Edusport Academy vs BSC Glasgow
Hawick Royal Albert vs The Spartans

As usual I'll try to include some of your contributions in the preview if I can. 

On a personal level, I'm looking forward to only my fifth groundhop in Scotland, though the timings of trains mean my visit to the Strollers will be an exceptionally brief here-and-gone fly through.  Should have one or two ales, it's payday weekend after all.

Based on form (of both teams) and league position our game against Dalbeattie should be a relatively comfortable one, but they're a team that have given us trouble before. Hopefully there's no complacency and we keep our winning run going, as the three above us will likely all be taking three points from their games.

I should be going along and I'm really looking forward to it - last year's game between them was one of my highlights of last season, especially Connor Greene's last minute winner. 

2 hours ago, Hoofhearted said:

Hawick v Spartans is OFF according to Spartans webpage.

Aye the Teviot was slightly high this week :lol:

Hopefully a decent game at Rosewell tomorrow Whitehill looking to continue their recent good run. Last 6 league games WWWLWW :)

Fantastic win for Vale today, you've got to fear for Dalbeattie atm as they look like they're slipping behind VoL. 

I thought they gave a decent account of themselves in the first half at Ochilview today, but they struggled going forward and it was a reasonably comfortable afternoon for Shire in the end. Lovely goal from Andy Rodgers for our 2nd, and our 4th was, I think, straight from a corner, which is always a treat to see 

4 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Some result for welfare. Fair play.

Thanks John well impressed today, dominated which I was surprised.daft question teams play better on grass or artificial?  Got gretna next week on grass followed by a visit to yourselves artificial. 

Mon the ww :)

Archived