Perth FC v The Jags FC

Shaughnessy and Millar are the only two who merit another go tomorrow IMO, though even then I think Joe needs to track the scorer at that first goal. He takes up a nothing position and doesn’t get near blocking the shot.

I’m in Radford’s boat at the peno. Cerny was so vehement in his complaints that you kind of assume he must have had some sort of point. He’s lucky he didn’t earn himself a second yellow for dissent. You have to applaud his all round shithousing game though, not an attribute many keepers have.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were fantastic yesterday I thought. Best I’ve seen us play in a long time. Lawless was my MOTM but Edwards was great when he came on. Gave us an energy boost when we really needed it. Also helped that he was played in what is probably his best position as well. Our first goal is so well worked. The ball from Erskine to Storey is unreal, and then Miles just rag dolls the defence (again).

Didn’t have a clue why St Johnstone’s goal was disallowed at the time, and still don’t know after watching those highlights. Cerny is also very lucky to have stayed on the park, if not for the challenge, for his reaction afterwards. Another another baffling decision from the ref yesterday.

If we could keep a squad fit, or at least have had Osman and Booth fit for more time this season, I would think we’d have been fairly comfortably top 6 just now. St Johnstone looked as bad as any team I’ve seen us play this season. Don’t think they’re a worry for going down, but that was very poor and, going by the comments on here, it sounds like something needs to change quickly. Wright seems to have chucked it for months now.

26 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'm a layman but you'd never give a full back those instructions IMO, your backline has to keep its shape. If it does there then Anderson can charge down Lawless, which Comrie should have done even allowing for him being out of position. Liam Craig as the deepest midfielder had to be aware of Lawless too.

The frustration is we show little invention or fluidity moving forward yet still manage to get dragged all over defensively. A terrible mix. How many players could feel aggrieved if they are dropped tomorrow night? 

Was just an observation based on that screenshot tbh, not sure if it's something that repeated over the match or not. 

And none of those who started, even Millar, who is obviously still good on the ball but seems to be picking the wrong option (although he's often left with absolutely no option) to make a point. Seeing him gesture to the fans after completing a pass, mot minutes after we'd gone one down, was a bit poor. 

Just now, Jamie_Beatson said:

Shaughnessy and Millar are the only two who merit another go tomorrow IMO, though even then I think Joe needs to track the scorer at that first goal. He takes up a nothing position and doesn’t get near blocking the shot.

I think Shaughnessy is fine, he's there to cut out the ball at front post. He could maybe be nearer to level with the post but then is he giving Storey the chance to shoot if he is? Anderson has no choice but to pick up Sammon. Comrie is the problem in terms of shape. I'm still deciding about Comrie generally. Early days though.

5 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Is Cerny disputing the penalty award or petitioning a possible red card?

He was still going mental (and he really was livid) after the yellow was brandished. Thought it was poor he didn't once check on the player he'd flattened.

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

He was still going mental (and he really was livid) after the yellow was brandished. Thought it was poor he didn't once check on the player he'd flattened.

Why?  He knew he caught him well enough but he should have been sent to a neutral corner to allow the referee to continue his count.

Cerny going that mental managed to get a Motherwell goal ruled out last month in a game we went on to win by a goal so it clearly works enough that he'll continue to try it as it would take a strong ref to give a keeper a 2nd booking for continuing to go mental about the decision.

It's just another part of the gamesmanship that makes him great if he plays for your side and an infuriating c**t when he plays for the opposition.

3 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Cerny going that mental managed to get a Motherwell goal ruled out last month in a game we went on to win by a goal so it clearly works enough that he'll continue to try it as it would take a strong ref to give a keeper a 2nd booking for continuing to go mental about the decision.

It's just another part of the gamesmanship that makes him great if he plays for your side and an infuriating c**t when he plays for the opposition.

His quick throw out also played a big part in the  second goal.

Excellent keeper all round.

5 hours ago, Walter said:

The Fish correctly pointing out to Cerny the direction in which penalty kick was going and the keeper still dives the wrong way.

The Fish knows!

Listen to the Fish!

The campaign starts now.......Sign The Fish!

This game could end up being a turning point in our season. Exciting young players expected to get a run in the team and we're now on the verge of signing two wingers, one with caps for Wales. 

So thank you Thistle, for knocking sense into TW and Steve Brown. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This game could end up being a turning point in our season. Exciting young players expected to get a run in the team and we're now on the verge of signing two wingers, one with caps for Wales. 

So thank you Thistle, for knocking sense into TW and Steve Brown. 

Some seriously premature chicken counting going on here I reckon.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Could happen...

And we'd probably still finish above you. 

Harsh but true.

St Johnston and Hamilton always look gash whenever I see them, but they just seem to magically gain points at other times!

Archived