Ryan Hardie 1-0 Iain Russell

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Back 4 of Smith, Dowie, Barr and Dick?

Where is Hill playing then? I think it's a back 3 of Dowie, Barr and Hill with Smith and Dick as wing backs. Carswell, Hutton and Walsh as the midfield 3 and Russell and Nisbitt up front.

That looks like a 3-5-2. Fair play to Stevie, I said he needed to try something different. Wasn't expecting that though.
The SeaGal dropped after scoring a double. Confirmation that Stevie is BBPF imo. 

To be fair I just said to Moonster he persists with him all season when he's contributing nothing then drops him days after he scores a brace.

Not that I'm complaining but I do fear how Dick and Smith will cope at wing back. McLaughlin and Wardrop wouldn't worry me as much.

Honest to God I've never seen a team so unable to defend dead balls.
It will come from lack of confidence in our goalkeeper. He needs to command his area and come clear everything in front of him which he doesn't do. This just invites every free kick/corner/long throw to be dropped inside our 6 yard box. If I was the opposing manager that's exactly what I would be doing. Our defenders can't win every high ball but they get no help from the man behind them.

33 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I assume the 352 will be binned at half time?

7 defensive players on the park and we're 2-0 down after 30 mins.

Ironically it's not actually too bad going forward, but we've got nothing on the wings (Dick and Smith aren't going to run at a man) and the the second goal was a horrible mix up between Dill, Scott Gal and the wind.

25 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
40 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:
Honest to God I've never seen a team so unable to defend dead balls.

It will come from lack of confidence in our goalkeeper. He needs to command his area and come clear everything in front of him which he doesn't do. This just invites every free kick/corner/long throw to be dropped inside our 6 yard box. If I was the opposing manager that's exactly what I would be doing. Our defenders can't win every high ball but they get no help from the man behind them.

I agree he has to take a share of the blame, but guys like Dowie and Mango should be making sure nobody is free. I can deal with a few lapses, but we gift the opposition a goal (or more) every single week. At any level that's criminal.

I agree he has to take a share of the blame, but guys lol Dowie and Mango should be making sure nobody is free. I can deal with a few lapses, but we gift the opposition a goal (or more) every single week. At any level that's criminal.
Yes I agree they do need to take blame. But if you have a GK that u know is going to come and claim anything near him you concentrate on your man and your man alone. As soon as 1 player (especially the keeper) casts doubt on their ability to win the ball then everyone else starts to worry about other players rather than their 1 designated opponent. If gallagher comes and wipes everything in front of him, team mates and all, then the issue would be sorted (probably). If your not going to come and claim high balls you shouldn't be a keeper.

Yes I agree they do need to take blame. But if you have a GK that u know is going to come and claim anything near him you concentrate on your man and your man alone. As soon as 1 player (especially the keeper) casts doubt on their ability to win the ball then everyone else starts to worry about other players rather than their 1 designated opponent. If gallagher comes and wipes everything in front of him, team mates and all, then the issue would be sorted (probably). If your not going to come and claim high balls you shouldn't be a keeper.

The defence have to take a huge portion of the blame. It's wildly unfair to simply blame Gallagher. Our defenders are fuckin woeful at defending set pieces.

Archived