maryhill gaffer for sack

MaryhillFC123

3 minutes ago, MaryhillFC123 said:

terrible season so far, worst hill side ive seen....

Guess you don't remember when we were bottom of the Central Second after being bummed 5-1 at home by Stonehouse Violet then!

It's been a tough season so far admittedly - we were terrible the first couple of games, but we've tightened up at the back - the lack of a proven regular goalscorer has too often been the margin between getting results and the hard luck stories they've ended up as.

Our last two games are cases in point - single goal defeats against two of the better sides in the division, one to a late goal and one to a penalty/sending off.

31 minutes ago, locheedfcno1 said:

I always look out for Maryhills results after playing them and beating them at Mcdiarmid Park in the semi final of the Scottish cup a few years ago. Met a few of you’re fans before the game who where sound. What’s gone wrong??

To cut a long story short, money. In the early 2000s, we had a couple of investors putting a lot of cash by the standards of the time into the team and we overachieved for the actual size of the club for the best part of a decade as a result.

Obviously as so many teams have found out over the years, it’s great while it lasts but it never lasts forever.

When the cash was gone at least we never made the mistake of carrying on as if nothing had changed like some others have done, but we ended up being relegated three times in four years and ended up as I said earlier bottom of the bottom division for a while.

The last six or years, we’ve climbed the leagues again but we’re aware we’re almost certainly punching above our weight at the moment. I’m fairly sure we’re working with one of – if not the – smallest budgets in the division. I know a lot of teams say that, but in our case hearing what some players are reportedly on at other clubs I think it’s probably the truth.

16 minutes ago, glensmad said:

So is this thread just somebody speculating about the Maryhill manager possibly getting the sack, or has it actually happened ?

No – I can confirm 100% it hasn't. I think most if not all of our regular fans are aware of the amount of time and effort John puts into the place.

Was talking to him last night about this - I suspect it’s more likely to emanate from someone with a personal beef.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

No – I can confirm 100% it hasn't. I think most if not all of our regular fans are aware of the amount of time and effort John puts into the place.

Was talking to him last night about this - I suspect it’s more likely to emanate from someone with a personal beef.

Best of luck to you guys as long as it’s no against us 

I would ask the OP what games he/she has seen this season. 

If you have anything constructive to say please come out and let the manager know your thoughts. I am sure he would appreciate a face to face chat more than having to read the comment of a keyboard warrior sitting at home in full battledress.

It has not been a great season. Money is tight but you can be assured that if effort and hard work alone bring rewards then Maryhill will benefit from John's role at the club

Any sugar daddies or mammies out there with a few quid to spare are also welcome.

Cheers to Darvel Legend

I watched Troon v Maryhill a few weeks past as a neutral and was surprised to hear that they are sitting at the foot of the table . A troon supporter said that they took 7 off them a few months back and if thats the case they had certainly improved .

Not much seemed to be wrong and with a bit more belief they could have earned at least a point from the game .

They seemed to have a lot of young juniors who gave everything and i think they will take points off other teams in the league and i would safely say they wont go down playing like that consistently .

Cant be easy for those lower league teams from Glasgow chasing and offering players wages and signing-on fees especially when there are so many to choose from .

Keep up the good work and im sure the rewards will come .

Looks like mischief making, but I really hope the Manager’s position isn’t under scrutiny.

Seemed a top guy when we played them both times this season, and the difference in his team between both games was remarkable so he’s obviously doing something right. His team were clearly playing for him, so they’ve still got plenty of faith in him & the way he was dealing with his committee & supporters around the games gave nothing to suggest any discord.

I thought the Maryhill guys were decent blokes & their team played some good football, so I really hope they stay up. A credit to their club.

Dont normally get involved in topics but would just like to say the person who started this should be ashamed John has worked on a shoe string budget and is one of the better guys in junior football instead pf coming on here and trying to get him the sack try getting behind him and giving him and your team support rather than mindless critisism

They're getting new players in most weeks, so the manager is working hard to turn things around.

I always enjoyed my visits to lochburn, Claff was always a big favourite for me. Go through a brick wall to get a goal.

On 23/01/2018 at 10:27, locheedfcno1 said:

I always look out for Maryhills results after playing them and beating them at Mcdiarmid Park in the semi final of the Scottish cup a few years ago. Met a few of you’re fans before the game who where sound. What’s gone wrong??

April 15,2005 ....wtf did that time go?  Maryhill had a decent side back then but on that particular night Lochee played some pretty impressive fitba and were worthy winners.

Just a pity that they were unable to replicate that display in the final. <_<

Just seen this post -  The Maryhill Manager Is Not For The Sacks so whoever made up this new account may as well Delete it!! Its nice to see everyone backing john  it may not be the best team the hills ever had but the gaffer is trying to improve all the time & we will get there back the team not slag them and certinally stop posting about managers so No john won't be sacked anytime soon. #MonTheHill 

Yeah, I think we can put this one to bed now...I think he's beginning to get embarrassed by the compliments :)

I was talking to the star of stage, screen, pie and bovril yesterday after our friendly and this came up - despite a few theories, still no idea who the one-post wonder is.

Safe to say they've achieved nothing more than making a c**t of themselves.

Archived