3 Leagues of 16, 16, 16

13 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

And if recent games have shown anything, it's that Scottish football would be lost if we couldn't show 4 high quality Edinburgh derbies.

We could always just cut our cloth accordingly in the interests of fairness, and give smaller teams a fighting chance of being able to compete a bit more. 

As I said though, it'll never happen. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 - 20

2 up 2 down + 1 playoff 3rd v 3rd bottom. One off game at hampden for the last place.

Winners of a northern and southern league take the place of two bottom of 2nd tier.

38 games a season.

No baws 2 legged playoffs. Winter break and better distributed cash.

Bring back reserve league. Bin colts ideas and enforce 3x under 21s and 5+ scottish players in starting 11.

Craig Burley, Chris Sutton and Alex Rae a lifetime ban from all scottish media and stadiums.

Thats all i ask. [emoji23]

I really enjoy the fact that there are far fewer meaningless games these days with the present league and playoff setup. Where else can a mid-table team lose more games than they won yet get promoted. My big exception is the Premiership playoff shambles that highlights just how desperate the top flight teams are to keep the status quo, with the OP highlighting the overwhelming desire to become part of this self-centred mob.

If the so-called struggling teams with a flawed sense of self-entitlement become top tier, then all that will happen is that the next four or so teams down will be tempted to break the bank in the hope of also getting a bite at the cherry as the same problem develops again and is pushed onto somebody else's shoulders.

On 22/01/2018 at 13:08, Doonhamer doon south said:
I think some clubs like ourselves people are sick of seeing or travelling to the same teams year after year four times a year.

As much as I get this argument, this is largely down to your club's failure to progress to another league. I understand that my aforementioned mob really don't help you achieve this for obvious financial reasons, but if the Premiership playoffs were the same as the League 1/2 setup then there would be no good reason why Queens couldn't have the chance to 'do a Brechin' this season by scraping a playoff place and battling through. At the moment, you're far less likely to achieve this, so for me it's a playoff issue rather than a league numbers one.

Personally, I'd much rather return to an overly familiar ground pushing to grab/avoid a playoff spot rather than play a glorified friendly with five games to go simply for the novelty of a ground I've not visited in a wee while. That's just my personal preference which will almost certainly differ to others of course.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I really enjoy the fact that there are far fewer meaningless games these days with the present league and playoff setup. Where else can a mid-table team lose more games than they won yet get promoted. My big exception is the Premiership playoff shambles that highlights just how desperate the top flight teams are to keep the status quo, with the OP highlighting the overwhelming desire to become part of this self-centred mob.

If the so-called struggling teams with a flawed sense of self-entitlement become top tier, then all that will happen is that the next four or so teams down will be tempted to break the bank in the hope of also getting a bite at the cherry as the same problem develops again and is pushed onto somebody else's shoulders.

As much as I get this argument, this is largely down to your club's failure to progress to another league. I understand that my aforementioned mob really don't help you achieve this for obvious financial reasons, but if the Premiership playoffs were the same as the League 1/2 setup then there would be no good reason why Queens couldn't have the chance to 'do a Brechin' this season by scraping a playoff place and battling through. At the moment, you're far less likely to achieve this, so for me it's a playoff issue rather than a league numbers one.

Personally, I'd much rather return to an overly familiar ground pushing to grab/avoid a playoff spot rather than play a glorified friendly with five games to go simply for the novelty of a ground I've not visited in a wee while. That's just my personal preference which will almost certainly differ to others of course.

Yeah that's absolutely right we are bar the odd season a 2nd tier team. We might push for playoffs one year might be struggling the next. But we are generally mid table. And that where I enjoy the playoffs because a season lasts longer in terms of purpose. We are out all the cups however despite the doom and gloom fans we are pushing for playoffs. The new format does make for decent season for most clubs. Just it must be crippling for teams (and fans) like us and lower to travel length and breadth of the country.  

Archived