Airdrie v. Arbroath 27th Jan - A New Hope

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

So you are basically saying he was lying?

I wouldn't want to use that word myself  - but having been spoken too by several people post match, two of them prior to Pink's interview being made public, I was somewhat surprised to hear it said that he had a 'niggling injury'. Personally I think it very unlikely that this is the case, however I certainly wouldn't want to call anyone a liar wouldn't being absolutely 100% on something.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I agree it was not a Red Card but the Airdrie manager was told by the Ref that although not denying a "clear goal scoring opportunity" that it was a Yellow card. I might have missed it but I don't think Hutton was shown a Yellow card but he did smother it outside the box in handling it. Can't see any Card on the BBC report but can't always trust the BBC

Goalie should've punched it anyway and from camera angle it's hard to see how far the ball was out,  if any.   Goalie attempted to stay in the box and the Lino was 10 yards in front of incident.

If that's our best chance of beating Arbroath - who were far better in last time at excelsior-  then we're clutching at straws.

12 minutes ago, Airdrie1977 said:

Goalie should've punched it anyway and from camera angle it's hard to see how far the ball was out,  if any.   Goalie attempted to stay in the box and the Lino was 10 yards in front of incident.

If that's our best chance of beating Arbroath - who were far better in last time at excelsior-  then we're clutching at straws.

I don't agree that Arbroath's performance was better in the 1st home game of the season.  Both teams looked rusty (Airdrie more so though).

The best Airdrie chance of the game was the one where Duffy failed to pass to Carrick at the edge of the 18 yd box - almost certain goal if he had.

I don't think it's possible to judge the footballing strengths of either team in those conditions.

3 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

I don't agree that Arbroath's performance was better in the 1st home game of the season.  Both teams looked rusty (Airdrie more so though).

The best Airdrie chance of the game was the one where Duffy failed to pass to Carrick at the edge of the 18 yd box - almost certain goal if he had.

I don't think it's possible to judge the footballing strengths of either team in those conditions.

Arbroath impressed me as a football playing side earlier in the season and we only got a draw because of an unusually good performance by Ferguson.

Like us they were defeated by the wind on Saturday.

I think Macintosh ,although quite promising, is having a poor season and I would play Cairns before him, whether at the back or in midfield.

8 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

I don't agree that Arbroath's performance was better in the 1st home game of the season.  

Well I did.   They troubled us repeatedly with exciting wing play back then, and were by contrast rather anaemic on Saturday regardless of conditions.

Well I did.   They troubled us repeatedly with exciting wing play back then, and were by contrast rather anaemic on Saturday regardless of conditions.

We dropped our best wingers to field players better suited as wing backs so we could play 3-5-2. It worked defensively but obviously not in attack. Bring back Linn and Denholm, and go 4-4-2?

51 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

We dropped our best wingers to field players better suited as wing backs so we could play 3-5-2. It worked defensively but obviously not in attack. Bring back Linn and Denholm, and go 4-4-2?

The ultimate question for us at the moment. Linn and Denholm are wingers not full backs, but the 3-5-2 seems to potentially be a better fit for others on the team, and we have got 10 out of 12 points from our last 4 games. I'm happier with a 4-4-2, but it's difficult to change it considering our current league form, even if I do feel on Saturday we should have been more attacking in these areas. I think we'll go try to meet in the middle again with Linn/ Denholm out wide in a 3-5-2.

3 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

I wouldn't want to use that word myself  - but having been spoken too by several people post match, two of them prior to Pink's interview being made public, I was somewhat surprised to hear it said that he had a 'niggling injury'. Personally I think it very unlikely that this is the case, however I certainly wouldn't want to call anyone a liar wouldn't being absolutely 100% on something.

no worries, massively out of order if he has said a player is injured and isn't.

All I wanted to query was our manager saying it was a Yellow card. Was it issued?

Archived