Airdrie v. Arbroath 27th Jan - A New Hope

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate watching us without either Bobby or Denholm. No pace in the team. Think everyone has been ok so far even if it is a strange lineup.

As for that in or out the box Hutton incident, right in line with it and impossible to tell, would definitely edge on him being in the box though which is why he probably wasn’t carded. Airdrie fans raging about it from the other side of the grounds pretty funny.

Airdrie should have won that game. A number of chances were wasted due to poor decision making in front of goal. Seemed to want to gift Arbroath chances at the other end as well though. However, Arbroath probably had the best chance late on when their player curled the ball past the post despite having a clear sight of goal.

Not a great game but sure the wind had a lot to do with it. Draw about right although Arbroath were on top at the end. Duffy mucked up the best chance of the game by trying to do it himself with free players on either side of him.

Airdrie still have some problem areas but Carrick looks like a great signing.

I hope the returning supporters stick with it.

Do not understand Dick's thinking to-day with our starting line-up. Our top scorer sitting on the bench until 10 minutes to go and Swankie playing no matter what. Not a great fan of Martin who nearly cost us a goal with his sloppy pass in mid-field. Stranraers loan player from Hearts A. Beith has scored in every game bar one but has scored twice in 2 games to give him a total of about 9 so far  all from mid-field that's  the type we need.

How come Douglas was on the bench to-day?

Thought we played alright tbh certainly don’t think Airdrie were better but a point is about right. Omar was great overall defensively today but going forward he was pretty hopeless seemed to kill off every chance we made. Still can’t believe he never took a shot on second half, tried to walk through the Airdrie defenders instead of just hitting it.

McCord needs to get fit, verging on ridiculous, if it was anyone else in the shape he is he’d get slaughtered he’s lucky he’s such a good player but he could be so much better.

Thought Swankie was good too but he’ll never get the benefit of the doubt from some folk, there was a time where he was robbed of the ball in the middle of the park and a few folk lost it with him, McCord, Martin, Whatley and Omar all done exactly the same at points throughout the game and nothing from the same people. Can’t win.

Martin was excellent I thought, although like I just mentioned he sold ToB very short in the middle of the park which nearly lead to a goal.

Everyone else was ok but not good enough to win the game today, things not falling for us and bad decisions in the final third. Only save their keeper really had to make was a very good one from Swankie at the end.

Airdrie have certainly improved from the 7-1 game so a point isn’t too bad.

Arbroath had lots of possession without creating many chances ... until the last 10 which is when we seem to forget how to defend in every game I’ve watched this season.

Disappointed with the midfield today. Didn’t seem to win anything all game.

In attack we created a few decent moves but failed to do the simple thing each time.

Thought the 2nd yellow for handball look harsh. Didn’t look to me like mcgregor had a chance to react to the ball.

No idea how the Arbroath keeper avoided any card for handling outside the box while Duffie had a goal scoring opportunity.

Archived